Customer Address on ISO 17025 Test Report - Is email address okay?

K

kwikkid

Hi cove members,

I've noticed that the test report requirements for 17025 requires customer address. Would customer email address suffice?

Thanks in advance!

T

t.PoN

Re: ISO 17025 Test Report Requirements

Address is used for contacting customers and identifying customers.
I guess email satisfies these requirements.
there is nothing state it should be geographical address.

beside, there is multiple "Virtual Organisations" these days. there address is the website or the email. you will not find a geographical address.

I would take email address to satisfy the requiremnts but i would not accept a general address like "Kwikkid - USA, NY". the address should be a method for communication

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kwikkid

Thanks for the clarification, you're very helpful!

AndyN

Moved On

Did the customer send you something to test, from a physical address?

K

kwikkid

Sometimes customers will mail us samples for testing, but all reports are electronic copies that are emailed.

Most of our clients are walk-ins or we have an employee pick them up if they are local.

AndyN

Moved On

So you do have access to the actual physical address in many cases, or could ask for it (walk ins)?

K

kwikkid

Re: A question on customer address on ISO 17025 Test Report - is email address okay ?

Yes, we could start asking for it and ask customers to provide their address for communication purposes.

dgriffith

Quite Involved in Discussions
Just what I need to do--force my customer to give me an address so I can satisfy my requirements. And if the new customer--now a potential customer--turns into a would-have-been-if-only... customer?
Now I have no customer, so why again did I need to be 17025 accredited? As long as you can contact the customer, what the he!! should 17025 and an auditor care how? Use drums for all it should matter. If he lived across the street and I could signal him with lights, so what.
:mad:

It's been a long day...but I stand by the intent of my rant. :eek:

Last edited:

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
In order to be certain that you are covered for the assessment when the question will likely come up, capture in your contract review that only email address will be used rather than a physical address.

W

Wilderness Woody

Hi cove members,

I've noticed that the test report requirements for 17025 requires customer address. Would customer email address suffice?

Thanks in advance!

There would be at least two potential reasons for requesting a physical address up front.

1) Return of customer sample material

2) Record of a physical location for a regulated material (safety in case of emergency measures)

Providing the testing is not with dangerous materials and the contract agreement calls for the lab to dispose of all materials (no returns), I see no reason to require a specific physical address.

Top Bottom