Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS?

An AS9100D auditor told me that it is common for organizations to put all of their customer corrective actions into OASIS.

Of course any corrective actions from the registrar audits will be put into OASIS but I have never heard of putting all customer corrective actions into OASIS.

Can you help?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
An AS9100D auditor told me that it is common for organizations to put all of their customer corrective actions into OASIS. ... Can you help?
That's crazy - who would publish their customer corrective actions? An auditor from your registrar said this? Are you asking for help because this auditor is saying you have to do this?

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
It's been a while, but when I worked for a house supporting a prime (Boeing), then contractually, had us add them on OASIS in a way that they could monitor our account and see every little detail about our audits.

I do not recall them issuing actions in that manner, yet, I only remember one issue from Boeing on my watch. That was also AS9100 rev. C (until 2014 at that shop).

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's been a while, but when I worked for a house supporting a prime (Boeing), then contractually, had us add them on OASIS in a way that they could monitor our account and see every little detail about our audits.

I do not recall them issuing actions in that manner, yet, I only remember one issue from Boeing on my watch. That was also AS9100 rev. C (until 2014 at that shop).
Boeing requires that your OASIS administrator gives them access to your AS9100 audit results. They have their own supplier portal for handling their suppliers' nonconformances and corrective actions - as do most of our customers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce FMEA Occurrence and Detection Ranking after corrective action taken for customer complaints? FMEA and Control Plans 6
E Corrective Action or Customer Complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
S How to Politely Close out a Nuisance Customer Corrective Action? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
Fender1 Customer specified Item Defect Corrective Action Responsibility Customer Complaints 18
S Customer Corrective Action requests and Sales Employees Promises AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
Kronos147 Customer Request for Corrective Action - Responsibility AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
Moncia Problem with Corrective Action for Flavor / Fragrance related Customer Returns Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
hogheavenfarm Can a company refuse a Corrective Action Request from a Customer? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 22
G Corrective Action against Customer Complaints ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Corrective Action - Customer Received Mislabeled Parts Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
B Electronic Corrective/Preventive Action Report for our Customer Service Department Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
B Corrective and Preventive Action Procedure for Customer Service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
H Customer Rejects our Corrective Action - Mis-Labeled Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
I Corrective Action Reply to a Customer - Operator Error Nonconformance and Corrective Action 50
W Customer Complaints captured in CA (Corrective Action) Process Customer Complaints 12
H Customer Complaint leading to Corrective Action vs. Change Request Customer Complaints 20
J Customer Complaint Corrective Action Response - 100% Vision Inspection Customer Complaints 9
J How to write a CAR (Corrective Action Report) for a Customer Nonconformance and Corrective Action 24
M Issue CAR (corrective action request) TO our Customer? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 20
R Customer Corrective Action - Only one part and a cheap one at that ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
J TS 16949 8.5.2 Corrective Action - Auditor did not like the customer related form Nonconformance and Corrective Action 13
P Is a Corrective Action needed? Objective is Complete Customer Satisfaction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 25
A Customer's Web Based CAR (Corrective Action Request) Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
B Feedback Needed: Customer Corrective Action Requests - CPAR or not to CPAR! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
S Corrective Action Request (CAR) to Customer - Has anyone done this? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
G Customer Corrective Actions - Replying with 'No corrective action needed' Nonconformance and Corrective Action 21
I Combining Corrective Action / NCP / Customer Complaint Documentation Customer Complaints 8
O Are Customer Requests for Alteration to Product Corrective Actions? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 20
W Re-Evaluating Corrective Actions - Recurrence of a Customer Complaint Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
D Corrective Actions for Customer Complaints - Do ALL complaints have to be Answered? Customer Complaints 8
R Customer Complaint vs Corrective Actions Customer Complaints 7
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 1
Ooi Yew Jin Customer E audit preparation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
Q Managing a "special" customer into the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Who is the customer in the ISO/IEC 17025:2017? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
T Root Cause Failure Analysis - Not following Customer packaging Specification Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
V Customer Print Specifications on PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 13
S Issuing of CoC to Customer in a Word or Excel format ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Design Transfer Template capturing Customer Specific Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
W Direct to customer export of medical device (class I: prescription lenses + frame) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S How to treat a customer complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I ISO 9001:2015 Section 9.3.2 C1 "customer satisfaction and feedback from relevant interested parties" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
JoCam Labeling to Customer Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
Q Customer Satisfaction through On-Time Delivery ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 22
T Nonconforming product at customer detected by a routine inspection by field service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
0 PPM calculation of customer complaints for PMS Customer Complaints 10