Customer Letter Asking for TS 16949

R

Roesma

Iso/ts 16949

Hi, everybody

The certification body is asking for a letter of my customer where he is aking me the certification in TS. Does it necesary? is it a IATF request?

I know, that was necesary for QS certification, is it the same for TS?

I hope somebody could help me.

Thanks

:bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

rrramirez

IATF GUIDANCE

The IATF Guidance document provides automotive industry guidance for the requirements specified in ISO/TS 16949:2002. The IATF Guidance supports ISO/TS 16949:2002, with examples, applications, practices, or explanations.
The Guide is intended to apply to sites of organizations where production and/or service part specified by the customer are manufactured.
The Guide can also be applied to organizations throughout the automotive supply chain.
As a guidance documents is only a guidance document

R

rrramirez

International Automotive Task Force (IATF

ISO / TS 16949 2002 has the "shall" the other documents are guidance documents except the check list and the rules for achieving IATF recognition-certification

R

Roesma

Hi, rrramirez,
that means than I can get the TS certification without a witten request. o.k.
Thank´s for your help.

If you are a tier I supplier you do not need a letter from your customer. However, a CB might request a letter if you are tier II. Reason being that tier II conformity is developed by the tier I.

R

rrramirez

Roesma

The best thing what you cn do is to write the letter requested (ou don't need to do that because is not a shall in the TS) but in the registration this kind of "capriciously" requirement of the auditor may destroy the good implementation work done in your organization.
My concrete response: you don't need that requested letter.

R

rrramirez

Roesma

The best thing what you cn do is to write the letter requested (ou don't need to do that because is not a shall in the TS) but in the registration process this kind of "capriciously" requirement of the auditor may destroy the good implementation work done in your organization.
My concrete response: you don't need that requested letter.

D

dewie

non-customer requirement

:confused:

Referring to all of the above information;
may i conclude that without customer requirement the organization can certifiy to sio/ts16949???

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am not able to make out why people are asking the requirement of customer commmunique for the certification for ISO/TS 16949:2002.
Just refer the scope of this standard and decide whether you are eligible for this standard or not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Customer Letter/Notification - Is it a field action? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
D Quality Guarantee - Letter to a potential customer that guarantees quality products Customer Complaints 16
B 7.4.1.2 Supplier QMS Development - customer waiver letter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A How to write a letter informing a customer of a process relocation? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
T Non-reportable customer complaints and CER EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Customer complaint AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
GStough Suppliers Starting to Charge A Fee for Customer Audits Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 14
A Customer feedback ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
R VDA Potential Analysis - Similar product from other customer and confidentiality VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
B AS9100 Certification Audit Accounting for Additional Customer QMS Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
B IATF 16949 clause 10.2 - requirements following a customer complaint. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
R Customer Returns / RMA's & the need for NCR's AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
M 8.4.1.1 Register of approved suppliers and requirements when they are customer-designated AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
T Who's responsible for verification of customer specifications? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
D Is IATF certification required when customer doesn't require it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
G Customer specific characteristics symbols Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
S Defining special characteristics beyond customer drawing FMEA and Control Plans 11
M Customer PPm (CPPM) on Pass-Thru Items Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
V Would the customer drawing change necessitate re-PPAP of the Product? APQP and PPAP 3
S Do we have to create a new PPAP to our customer if our Sub Contractor had to change? APQP and PPAP 10
FuzzyD ISO 13485:2016 Customer Assessment OFI ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
I Restricting scope to one part number for one customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
R Customer Listed on Approved Supplier List (ASL) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
N 8.3.3.3 Special characteristics - Auditor said we are required to create our own, if no customer char. exist. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
R Audit from Customer - concerned with IP protection ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L Documenting internal audit of customer specific requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
L Supplier Performance when your supplier is also the customer ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
I Customer Feedback Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
JoeRandom11 Question about Customer Supplied Equipment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Moncia Customer satisfaction monitoring - ISO 9001 and 14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
D Customer Survey Example - ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Customer feedbacks sampling size EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G ISO 9001 - when implementing customer requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
P Customer Specific Requirements (Costco Wholesale) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Customer audit report review and approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Report on handling customer property ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
L Customer Complaint Internal Auditing 3
M Corrective action for a defect from customer's mistaken Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
T Customer Rejecting Part for Basic Dimension Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
P Customer 8D IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M Customer Dimensions on Internal Drawing, all of them? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Robinson A Improving Customer Satisfaction Service Industry Specific Topics 5
M How to show the effect of the failure mode on the manufacturing process as a customer of product design process? FMEA and Control Plans 3
K SaMD and Customer Integrations Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
JoCam Non CE marked device for customer review Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
L Question regarding "Customer Property" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
Sortinghat Locating Customer Supplier Manuals Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
S Rude Customer Auditor General Auditing Discussions 18
M Customer Specific Requirements - Packaging Spec IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
D Automotive Customer asking for ISO 14001 Certification from suppliers ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3