Customer Letter Asking for TS 16949

R

Roesma

Iso/ts 16949

Hi, everybody

The certification body is asking for a letter of my customer where he is aking me the certification in TS. Does it necesary? is it a IATF request?

I know, that was necesary for QS certification, is it the same for TS?

I hope somebody could help me.

Thanks

:bigwave:

R

rrramirez

IATF GUIDANCE

The IATF Guidance document provides automotive industry guidance for the requirements specified in ISO/TS 16949:2002. The IATF Guidance supports ISO/TS 16949:2002, with examples, applications, practices, or explanations.
The Guide is intended to apply to sites of organizations where production and/or service part specified by the customer are manufactured.
The Guide can also be applied to organizations throughout the automotive supply chain.
As a guidance documents is only a guidance document

R

rrramirez

International Automotive Task Force (IATF

ISO / TS 16949 2002 has the "shall" the other documents are guidance documents except the check list and the rules for achieving IATF recognition-certification

R

Roesma

Hi, rrramirez,
that means than I can get the TS certification without a witten request. o.k.
Thank´s for your help.

S

Sam

If you are a tier I supplier you do not need a letter from your customer. However, a CB might request a letter if you are tier II. Reason being that tier II conformity is developed by the tier I.

R

rrramirez

Roesma

The best thing what you cn do is to write the letter requested (ou don't need to do that because is not a shall in the TS) but in the registration this kind of "capriciously" requirement of the auditor may destroy the good implementation work done in your organization.
My concrete response: you don't need that requested letter.

R

rrramirez

Roesma

The best thing what you cn do is to write the letter requested (ou don't need to do that because is not a shall in the TS) but in the registration process this kind of "capriciously" requirement of the auditor may destroy the good implementation work done in your organization.
My concrete response: you don't need that requested letter.

D

dewie

non-customer requirement

:confused:

Referring to all of the above information;
may i conclude that without customer requirement the organization can certifiy to sio/ts16949???

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am not able to make out why people are asking the requirement of customer commmunique for the certification for ISO/TS 16949:2002.
Just refer the scope of this standard and decide whether you are eligible for this standard or not.

Top Bottom