Customer Part Approval Process Manual?

T

Trolle

The Company where I’m kept busy is “in Chemicals” albeit this, we are about to implement the ISO/TS standard. Now my peers are busy as beavers motivating all sorts of “Non Applicable” statements. However I feel there is a to god opportunity to miss related to the “Customer approval process” thing, (by the way is this the same as PPAP?)

I feel this to be an opportunity to shine as such critical activities, already is well taken care of by competent professionals.

Now I’d like to produce a manual of sort supporting these guys. But what to put in it? :confused: I’d really appreciate some suggestions on possible headings.

Thanks! :bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

galcantar

Re: Customer part aproval process manual?

I just can tell you that PPAP could be one of customer approval process.
:eek:

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Re: Customer part aproval process manual?

Trolle said:
The Company where I’m kept busy is “in Chemicals” albeit this, we are about to implement the ISO/TS standard. Now my peers are busy as beavers motivating all sorts of “Non Applicable” statements. However I feel there is a to god opportunity to miss related to the “Customer approval process” thing, (by the way is this the same as PPAP?)

I feel this to be an opportunity to shine as such critical activities, already is well taken care of by competent professionals.

Now I’d like to produce a manual of sort supporting these guys. But what to put in it? :confused: I’d really appreciate some suggestions on possible headings.

Thanks! :bigwave:
I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want a manual that would specify how you meet your customer's approval processes? Or one that you would use to specify how your suppliers should submit approvals to you?

T

Trolle

howste said:
a manual that would specify how you meet your customer's approval processes?
This is what I'm after. Please excuse my ambiguity.

What I want to propose is some "set of guidelines", (rules of engagement?). Serving the double function of a practical tool to be used by our technicians.

They are the people who make sure that the products actually perform according to the customer’s demands. In place, at the customer facility! In effect for all practical aspects they are often the ones doing the final product validation.

The second funtion would be to support the "business process". Supplier and customers using common forms and such.

Is this a crazy idea? Am I following an allready well paved road? Have I left the realm of QMS? Well I'm sure you'll let me know. :)

/Cheers

R

Randy Stewart

Is this a crazy idea? Am I following an allready well paved road? Have I left the realm of QMS? Well I'm sure you'll let me know.
IMO you're watching your QMS mature. The integration of "business" processes and the QMS are starting to come together into an operation system.

Don't stop thinking that way Trolle, when it catches on it spreds like a wildfire! :smokin:

B

Brian Greydanus

Ppap

AS a chemical supplier you may not be able to register to TS-16949

There are 3 criteria, any one of which must be met in order for an organization to apply for ISO/TS 16949 registration. They are:
1. The organization supplies a TS 16949 subscribing customer (e.g. you supply Ford, GM, Daimler?Chrysler, etc.)
2. The organization supplies a Customer who has required either TS or QS and is in the automotive supply chain (e.g. you supply a tier 1 who has required you to get certified).
3. The organization is a potential supplier to a customer described in either #1 or 2 above and has a documented RFQ or is being documented on the bid list.
Section 1.1 of the Technical Specification defines the applicability of the document to sites where production and/or service parts are manufactured. This definition also excludes manufactures of aftermarket parts from ISO/TS 16949:2002 applicability.
Additionally, organizations that do not perform value-added manufacturing processes (e.g. design centers, distributors) cannot apply for TS 16949 registration. They may, however, be included as a remote location in the registration of another site that performs manufacturing functions.
As a remote location you require ISO-9001 registration and the registrar should also provide a letter stating your compliance to the applicable elements of TS-16949. Otherwise you will be audited each time a facility uses your site as a support/remote location.

I couldn't tell by your write up, but you may only require ISO-9001 registration.
If your chemicals get converted into another product this would be the case.
Ask your current registrar or the registrar you are considering for TS as to your TS eligibility.

You are still required to submit PPAP as per Customer requirements.
I would suggest using the AIAG PPAP manual as a reference.
Standardize you submission packages so all contain the same elements and information sorted in the same order no matter what Customer.

Brian Greydanus
Quality Manager

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
I agree with Brian - the AIAG PPAP manual is where I would start even if you're not supplying to Ford, GM, or DCX. It has a good set of practices that should come close to meeting requirements for any customer. If there are things that don't apply to your type of product, adapt as necessary.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P PPAP Approval - Customer approval of PSW (part submission warrant) APQP and PPAP 5
J Are email acceptable as records? Email for a customer approval of some part? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 20
J Part Approval - Eliminating Incoming Quality Inspection by Customer Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
D IMDS for machining - Can my customer request a IMDS number for a part? APQP and PPAP 2
P Customer wants a Part Material Change - New PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 3
T Customer Requirement for Sorting - Visual Defect on Plastic Part IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
Moncia Part Submission Warrant - Customer Requirements for PSW Submission APQP and PPAP 7
K APQP requirement when a new print or spec is received from a customer - Existing Part APQP and PPAP 3
L Customer requies 'Jet Test' on a Car Part (Electronics Connectors) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
G AS9102 Design Supplier Part Number vs. Customer Part Number AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Help me understand the applicability of 21 CFR Part 820.198 (Customer Complaints) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Customer Part Revision Change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Customer Escape of a part having features reversed 180 degrees Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
somashekar Reverse Engineering Customer Part to Manufacture - Can I include D&D in Scope? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Procedure for Handling Customer Return Part (Defective Part Return) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Do you assign your own part numbers to customer's parts? Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
ScottK Using Customer Audits as part of the Internal Audit Plan for ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Inspection Kits for Each Customer Part: Calibration and Asset Control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Best Way to Tolerance a Cylindrical Section on a Part (Customer's Design and Drawing) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Customer Part Number Changes - Control Plan Question FMEA and Control Plans 1
K 21 CFR part 11 & CRM software (including customer support) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
M Material Certification Requirements for a Customer's Part Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
S Ndc less than 5 (purchased part) - Auditor suggest I get waiver from customer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
K Resubmission of PSW required by customer because of part number change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
Manix MTTF Prediction for Customer Requirements - Parts-count MTTF prediction for the part Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
R Customer Corrective Action - Only one part and a cheap one at that ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
G Customer part number for PPAP - Chain of distributors involved - Catalogue items, too APQP and PPAP 6
ccochran Customer Focus Inventory - Take part in an experiment? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 18
R ISO/TS16949, 8.2.1.1 Customer satisfaction - Delivered part quality performance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J SPC on Multiple Cavities - Customer wants SPC done on each notch - Cylindrical part Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
A Customer not willing to reveal the usage or function of the part to the supplier Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 18
M Developing a Leak Test - Housing part for an automotive customer Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
F Customer Part Drawings - Is there any requirement as to where they are kept? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
G Bad Parts cause Customer line stop IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
O IATF 16949 News Ford Motors Customer Specific Requirements Update - Nov 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Question regarding customer feedback process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17
B Retention Samples when Customer Leaves Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
M Email Template that go to a customer and then get returned to us for RMA/Warranty Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
B FCA US Customer Specific IATF 16949- Critical Characteristics 8.6.2 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
D ISO 13485 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 - Customer Feedback and Customer Complaints ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Customer Complaint Response 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
D IATF16949 - Interpretation of Customer Requirements clauses Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
S Obligation to accept customer audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
D IATF16949 7.5.3.2.1 Record Retention - Our Product or Customer Product? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
S Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) not signed/approved IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
B FCA US IATF 16949 Customer Requirements updates Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Customer Satisfaction importance in companies with Government/Public Administration as main customer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11