Customer Part Approval Process Manual?

T

Trolle

The Company where I’m kept busy is “in Chemicals” albeit this, we are about to implement the ISO/TS standard. Now my peers are busy as beavers motivating all sorts of “Non Applicable” statements. However I feel there is a to god opportunity to miss related to the “Customer approval process” thing, (by the way is this the same as PPAP?)

I feel this to be an opportunity to shine as such critical activities, already is well taken care of by competent professionals.

Now I’d like to produce a manual of sort supporting these guys. But what to put in it? :confused: I’d really appreciate some suggestions on possible headings.

Thanks! :bigwave:

G

galcantar

Re: Customer part aproval process manual?

I just can tell you that PPAP could be one of customer approval process.
:eek:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Customer part aproval process manual?

Trolle said:
The Company where I’m kept busy is “in Chemicals” albeit this, we are about to implement the ISO/TS standard. Now my peers are busy as beavers motivating all sorts of “Non Applicable” statements. However I feel there is a to god opportunity to miss related to the “Customer approval process” thing, (by the way is this the same as PPAP?)

I feel this to be an opportunity to shine as such critical activities, already is well taken care of by competent professionals.

Now I’d like to produce a manual of sort supporting these guys. But what to put in it? :confused: I’d really appreciate some suggestions on possible headings.

Thanks! :bigwave:
I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want a manual that would specify how you meet your customer's approval processes? Or one that you would use to specify how your suppliers should submit approvals to you?

T

Trolle

howste said:
a manual that would specify how you meet your customer's approval processes?

This is what I'm after. Please excuse my ambiguity.

What I want to propose is some "set of guidelines", (rules of engagement?). Serving the double function of a practical tool to be used by our technicians.

They are the people who make sure that the products actually perform according to the customer’s demands. In place, at the customer facility! In effect for all practical aspects they are often the ones doing the final product validation.

The second funtion would be to support the "business process". Supplier and customers using common forms and such.

Is this a crazy idea? Am I following an allready well paved road? Have I left the realm of QMS? Well I'm sure you'll let me know. :)

/Cheers

R

Randy Stewart

Is this a crazy idea? Am I following an allready well paved road? Have I left the realm of QMS? Well I'm sure you'll let me know.

IMO you're watching your QMS mature. The integration of "business" processes and the QMS are starting to come together into an operation system.

Don't stop thinking that way Trolle, when it catches on it spreds like a wildfire! :smokin:

B

Brian Greydanus

Ppap

AS a chemical supplier you may not be able to register to TS-16949

There are 3 criteria, any one of which must be met in order for an organization to apply for ISO/TS 16949 registration. They are:
1. The organization supplies a TS 16949 subscribing customer (e.g. you supply Ford, GM, Daimler?Chrysler, etc.)
2. The organization supplies a Customer who has required either TS or QS and is in the automotive supply chain (e.g. you supply a tier 1 who has required you to get certified).
3. The organization is a potential supplier to a customer described in either #1 or 2 above and has a documented RFQ or is being documented on the bid list.
Section 1.1 of the Technical Specification defines the applicability of the document to sites where production and/or service parts are manufactured. This definition also excludes manufactures of aftermarket parts from ISO/TS 16949:2002 applicability.
Additionally, organizations that do not perform value-added manufacturing processes (e.g. design centers, distributors) cannot apply for TS 16949 registration. They may, however, be included as a remote location in the registration of another site that performs manufacturing functions.
As a remote location you require ISO-9001 registration and the registrar should also provide a letter stating your compliance to the applicable elements of TS-16949. Otherwise you will be audited each time a facility uses your site as a support/remote location.

I couldn't tell by your write up, but you may only require ISO-9001 registration.
If your chemicals get converted into another product this would be the case.
Ask your current registrar or the registrar you are considering for TS as to your TS eligibility.

You are still required to submit PPAP as per Customer requirements.
I would suggest using the AIAG PPAP manual as a reference.
Standardize you submission packages so all contain the same elements and information sorted in the same order no matter what Customer.

Brian Greydanus
Quality Manager

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I agree with Brian - the AIAG PPAP manual is where I would start even if you're not supplying to Ford, GM, or DCX. It has a good set of practices that should come close to meeting requirements for any customer. If there are things that don't apply to your type of product, adapt as necessary.

Top Bottom