Customer Requirement Data Sheet - Samples?

B

Bob_M

Info: Updating to ISO9k2k this is only a parital reason for this request.

OK, per our COMPANY's needs (as well as ISO), we want/need to start documenting our customer's requirements better and formally.

Can any one offer any suggestions or examples of how they track, record, and easily reference Customer Specific requirements (other than info entered into a large data base).

Basically we want Work Instructions (or some type of Data Sheet) that lists all the common and specific customer requirements for easy reference by all areas of the company. This would include, Customer Service, Quality, production, shipping, etc.

Basic info WE would likely record would be:
Part Approval (i.e. PPAP, samples, etc); material; assembly; packaing, labeling, shipping, transit routing, etc.

Is anyone else collecting/storing/referencing this info in an easy to maintain and easy to read manner.

Again I'm not looking to maintain a database (yet) so I'm think a form in Excel (spreadsheet) or Word.

Any suggestions, comments, examples would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob M

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Bob,

I hate to say this, it sounds like a cop-out, but it all depends on you and your customer, the type of parts, the type of specifications, complexity of the process, training levels, etc.

We get customer drawings about 80% of the time, the balance of the time we get simple written descriptions and dimensions in a PO. Of the 80% of the time we get drawings, 50% of the time we still need to reference other documents like our product catalog. So, we use a type of router that varies in detail as the situation warrants it. We assign a router/part number and write the router in Word. Excel would work, too. We use the p/n as the file name with a rev. letter i.e. "45678 Rev. A". Decide on a basic format, decide who will create and approve and control the doc, and go to it. Back 'em up on a regular basis to CD, etc. so you're save if the computer HD crashes. Sounds like you know what you need -- make the format suit your own needs.

The best place to start is with the APQP/Product realization process. It will cover everything you are asking about. Incorporate timelines and status logs. You can go a step further and create a master status log that includes all of your customers. This can all be done in excel.

T

tomvehoski

I used to have a similar problem when I was in a titanium nitride coating operation. We coated tons of carbide cutting inserts for five or six different companies. Even though we coated TiN for everyone, they each wanted it slightly different. Customer A wanted 2-4 microns thickness. Customer B wanted 1-3 microns. Different certification requirements, different packaging, etc.

I put together a summary instruction for each customer. In it I had coating thickness requirements, certification requirements, packaging to use, how to return bad inserts, etc. If anybody had a question about requirements for Customer A, all they had to do is grab that instruction. They were a pain to set up in the first place, but became very valuable over time.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
H Customer Requirement for Certificate of Conformance (CoC) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
T Customer Requirement for Sorting - Visual Defect on Plastic Part IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
K APQP requirement when a new print or spec is received from a customer - Existing Part APQP and PPAP 3
R Is it a requirement to notify my customer if I receive a 483 from the FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
L ISO13485 past practice labeling vs customer requirement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
V How to identify Customer Specific Requirement If is not provided by Customer Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
Stijloor GM (Supplier) and PPAP Requirement 3.1 Customer Notification APQP and PPAP 5
B Requirement to have Customer Signature Profile on File Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
C Customer Requirement to Detect and Preclude use of Counterfeit & Used Parts Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
R Is there an ISO 13485 requirement to solicit Customer Feedback? Customer Complaints 5
M 8.2.1.1 - Customer Satisfaction - How to satisfy the end requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M 8.2.1 ?NOTE- Is Monitoring of Internal Customer Satisfaction a requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C Outsourced process and customer requirement of ISO/TS certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K What is an ARA (American Recovery Act) document? Customer Requirement Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
N Customer Requirement exceeded my BMC (Best Measurement Capability) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
D Customer Property Identification Requirement - ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 77
V Requirement 7.5.1.8 Service Agreement with Customer - What does it mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
T Notification of lost/damaged Customer Property - Customer Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
L Customer requirement to create a Guide for defining Control Methods FMEA and Control Plans 9
R Customer Radiation Requirement headache RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 7
K Complying with Ford customer requirement 4.35 Variable Gage Studies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
L Is there any place for sampling plan if customer requirement is 20 DPPM Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
H Requirements in TS for PPAP - Full PPAP or as per Customer Requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
N CSE Approach - Customer Requirement - What is CSE Approach? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S 'Solidity of Colour' Rubbing Test - Customer Requirement Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
M Customer Format - Documenting Customer Software Requirement Specification and DDD Software Quality Assurance 10
M FDA Compliant Company - which procedure addresses Customer Order Changes/Requirement? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Tube Cleanliness Level - 10 microns nominal - New Customer Requirement Career and Occupation Discussions 3
C Delphi Customer Specific Requirement (CSR) - Delphi releases their updated version Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
P TS 16949 - 7.4.1.2 requirement and customer waiver - How can I argue this clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Customer requirement implementation - Seeking control system example or suggestions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
W New Customer Requirement - Identify key performance measures and Leading Indicators Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
Q Customer's Interpretation vs. TS16949 clause 7.4.1.2 Supplier Development Requirement Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 70
P Regarding TS 16949 Clause 7.5.2.1 - No customer requirement IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Customer Supplied Product and Traceability - No Customer Requirement - Toll Processor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
D ISO 14001 Customer Requirement QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
Q Customer Specific Requirement, How to deal? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 9
F Customer Part Drawings - Is there any requirement as to where they are kept? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
B Retention Samples when Customer Leaves Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
M Email Template that go to a customer and then get returned to us for RMA/Warranty Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
B FCA US Customer Specific IATF 16949- Critical Characteristics 8.6.2 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
D ISO 13485 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 - Customer Feedback and Customer Complaints ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Customer Complaint Response 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
D IATF16949 - Interpretation of Customer Requirements clauses Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
S Obligation to accept customer audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
D IATF16949 7.5.3.2.1 Record Retention - Our Product or Customer Product? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
S Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) not signed/approved IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
B FCA US IATF 16949 Customer Requirements updates Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3