Customer Satisfaction Reporting Responsibilities

S

SGLESTER

Craig,

Thank you for the reply. I'm the Quality/Engineering Manager where I work. Under normal circumstances the Quality Manager probably would gather and report this information but we have a Customer Service Manager here and I feel it might be more appropriate for here to do it. What do you think?

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Logically, it should be Marketing but it is usually linked with complaints, CAs, other departments, etc, etc. So, it often ends on the lap of the QA Manager.

D

db

I think the key here is your first part
In the company I am with,
Different companies will have different folks do that. I think Craig's company does it the most common way. However, I have seen the Management Rep (who may not necessarily be the Quality Manager), the Sales Manager, and even Customer Service Reps have that responsibility.

It probably depends on the size and structure of your organization. I personally would like to see someone who has a fairly high level of authority managing customer satisfaction (although most of my clients have only two tiers on their org chart -- the President and everyone else)

S

SGLESTER

I'm mainly referring to the customer survey responses. I'm new here and I've found out that customers were responding the the surveys and no one did anything about them. If a customer gave a bad survey there was no review or corrective action taken. I've basically compiled all of the information for my Management Review that's coming up next Tuesday but I'm trying to figure out wether I should be doing this long term.

C

Craig H.

Craig,

Thank you for the reply. I'm the Quality/Engineering Manager where I work. Under normal circumstances the Quality Manager probably would gather and report this information but we have a Customer Service Manager here and I feel it might be more appropriate for here to do it. What do you think?

It most certainly depends on the company. I have the primary responsibility for ISO issues, and we did not have a system before we went down the 9002 road several years ago so it's my baby.

We have a Customer Service Manager as well. We have a survey on our web site as one of our main tools. PM me if you would like a look. Anyway, our Customer Service Department plays a key role because they encourage our customers to fill in the survey, and they also were instrumental in getting a link to it included on our invoices and other CS documents going to customers.

So, I "do" it, but most definitely not by myself.

C

Craig H.

I'm mainly referring to the customer survey responses. I'm new here and I've found out that customers were responding the the surveys and no one did anything about them. If a customer gave a bad survey there was no review or corrective action taken. I've basically compiled all of the information for my Management Review that's coming up next Tuesday but I'm trying to figure out wether I should be doing this long term.

Most certainly do it long term, to see if any trends develop. You can also do a bar chart for each question if you are using a numerical scale for responses. This should highlight where the strong and weak spots are if your survey is well designed.

S

SGLESTER

Thanks Craig,

I absolutely understand it should be done long term. I'm just wondering if it's appropriate for the Customer Service Manager to have responsibity for the reporting and trend analysis.

S

SGLESTER

Thanks to all of you for your guidance. I think I have the direction that need.

Regards,

Steve

Top Bottom