Customer Scorecards - Missing Scorecard from one Customer

Crimpshrine13

Involved In Discussions
We have had this issue in the past, though not with this particular regulatory body - it is difficult to get some customers to provide feedback! And as suggested, we did just what @Johnnymo62 said. We maintained our email communication as objective evidence that we were doing our due diligence.

Yes, I know, but my point was more so that if it was truly our responsibility to keep up with the customer scorecards. Again, I am not disputing the finding, and we will keep the communication in record, but my point is when the standard doesn't say that we must be proactive to keep our eyes on scorecards that are not sent to us, it just makes me wonder if it's something to the level of NC especially because this has been discussed in management review meetings. It seems to me it's nothing more of a opinion or perspective than anything else.

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
@Crimpshrine13 Oh yeah, I agree with your stand on the finding. I agree with others, I think they're really reaching on creating an NC over something that is not 100% in your control - especially when you can provide evidence that your top management is doing all they can.

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have a few customers like this. They just stopped sending them. Some for a more than a year. I sent an email to ask about it. Never got anything meaningful back.

I can't force my customer to send them to me. That's outside the organizations reach. We can't force them.

If I'm not provided a scorecard to review, it simply can't be reviewed that way.

One thing we do is monitor ourselves. This "monitor the performance of manufacturing processes to demonstrate compliance with customer requirements for product quality and process efficiency" can be done in many, many ways. Scorecards are only one option.

I struggle to see the finding, unless you could provide no evidence that manufacturing processes were being monitored at all.

Johnny Quality

What is the finding? What did the auditor state as the non-conformity.

I can't see how you haven't met 9.1.2.1. It does not state that scorecards are mandatory, it just says that if you receive scorecards you SHALL include them in your review of customer performance data.

Crimpshrine13

Involved In Discussions
I have a few customers like this. They just stopped sending them. Some for a more than a year. I sent an email to ask about it. Never got anything meaningful back.

I can't force my customer to send them to me. That's outside the organizations reach. We can't force them.

If I'm not provided a scorecard to review, it simply can't be reviewed that way.

One thing we do is monitor ourselves. This "monitor the performance of manufacturing processes to demonstrate compliance with customer requirements for product quality and process efficiency" can be done in many, many ways. Scorecards are only one option.

I struggle to see the finding, unless you could provide no evidence that manufacturing processes were being monitored at all.

Agreed. This was why I brought this thread up. Yes, maybe it was better that we sent email to them asking what happened to the scorecards they used to send before, but nowhere on the standard mandates that we must keep up collecting the scorecards. So by reading the standard word to word, I couldn't understand why it could become a NC. We will be providing corrective and preventive actions for this and won't be disputing simply because we understand that keeping evidence that we at least communicated is probably a better idea, but I just didn't think it had a strong case to make it into a NC.

Crimpshrine13

Involved In Discussions
What is the finding? What did the auditor state as the non-conformity.

I can't see how you haven't met 9.1.2.1. It does not state that scorecards are mandatory, it just says that if you receive scorecards you SHALL include them in your review of customer performance data.

"The customer satisfaction monitoring system was not consistently effective."

Only because their scorecards were not sent to us, but we did mention about this in the management review meetings. We also have other means of monitoring the quality, such as on-time delivery to customers and customer PPM. :rolleyes:

Mikey324

I think that one is a big reach, and a lot of auditor opinion. If you are monitoring complaints, delivery, PPM, etc; you are monitoring the effectiveness of the processes. We have way more customers that don't provide score cards than those that do. So monitoring that way is the only option we have. If a customers fails to send you a score card, you still have all the other ways to monitor it.

Crimpshrine13

Involved In Discussions
I think that one is a big reach, and a lot of auditor opinion. If you are monitoring complaints, delivery, PPM, etc; you are monitoring the effectiveness of the processes. We have way more customers that don't provide score cards than those that do. So monitoring that way is the only option we have. If a customers fails to send you a score card, you still have all the other ways to monitor it.

And we do monitor customer PPMs and on-time delivery, so it's the disrupted scorecard delivery from customer, and I do believe it's nothing more than the auditor's opinion, too.

Top Bottom