Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Customer Service: AIAG vs. ASQ - Communications and Responses

On Tuesday, December 2nd, at ~3PM, I ordered updated standards from both AIAG and ASQ.
ASQ
ISO9001:2008 and ISO19011S:2008, $195 total, confirming email immediately.
Shipping and handling: $12.50
AIAG
TS Rules, FMEA and APQP: $75 each for a $225 total, confirming email immediately.
Shipping and handling: $5.05

Here's the difference:
36 minutes later I received an email from AIAG with a UPS Ground tracking number. I received my new manuals with our 10:30AM UPS shipment on December 3rd. Southfield, MI to Hilliard, OH in about 19 hours. I can sign into my account on the AIAG website (I am not a member) and see every purchase I have ever made.

I have yet to receive any further communication from ASQ. Since I am not a member, I have a limited logon to the ASQ site. There is no order history and I cannot track my current order. Fascinating.

Last edited:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Customer Service: AIAG vs. ASQ

On Tuesday, December 2nd, at ~3PM, I ordered updated standards from both AIAG and ASQ.
ASQ
ISO9001:2008 and ISO19011S:2008, $195 total, confirming email immediately.
AIAG
TS Rules, FMEA and APQP: $75 each for a $225 total, confirming email immediately.

Here's the difference:
36 minutes later I received an email from AIAG with a UPS Ground tracking number. I received my new manuals with our 10:30AM UPS shipment on December 3rd. Southfield, MI to Hilliard, OH in about 19 hours. I can sign into my account on the AIAG website (I am not a member) and see every purchase I have ever made.

I have yet to receive any further communication from ASQ. Since I am not a member, I have a limited logon to the ASQ site. There is no order history and I cannot track my current order. Fascinating.
I agree! :agree1:

AIAG has never disappointed me with any of our purchases. The customer service people are courteous, shipments timely, and issues are resolved quickly.

NOTE: We are a member of AIAG.

Stijloor.

JAltmann

Quite Involved in Discussions

I am a member of the ASQ and recently had a ton of trouble with their customer service. I was really disappointed and had to go out of my way to help them fix their mistake and get a book back to them at their expense.

All told it took 3 phone calls to get the right book that i ordered, 2 more to get the wrong back to them and 7-8 e-mails.

This was just after getting a weekly newsletter that had a report from Amy S. (editor i think) on customer service.

Although i continue to be a strong supporter of the ASQ, i was and continue to be quite disappointed in their customer service. I find this quite surprising of an organization based on quality and upholding it.

AIAG i have never had a problem with, and due to be in the metro Detroit area usually have orders in the next day or two.

NOTE: We are a member of AIAG.
If we had a big internal audit team that all needed core tools training and were buying multiple copies of the various manuals, etc. an AIAG membership would be worth it. Alas, it is only me and I only need one copy of each document.

@JAltmann,
I dropped my ASQ membership when it became obvious that "CQE" on my resume wasn't worth the annual dues. My management was, and is, far more intere$ted in "$uccessful implementation and registration of an ISO9001 compliant quality management system." Same story as above, I don't purchase enough standards to justify the annual membership fees.

Extra Info
Please do not construe the above statement to mean that I do not value learning the CQE body of knowledge or having the CQE initials after your name. Read that statement carefully.
My ASQ documents arrived with this morning's UPS shipment. The extra day is to be expected from Milwaukee. Never got a tracking number.

Last edited:
Top Bottom