Customer Service - Our group is looking for a good book to read

R

Roger Eastin

Customer Service books

Our group is looking for a good book to review for Customer Service. We are interested in how to be more customer-oriented, customer satisfaction measurement, etc. (By the way, customers could be internal or external to our organization.) We would like a book that combines good theory with application. In looking through the ASQ catalog, there are several interesting books. Is there one that y'all would recommend? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

R

Roger Eastin

I was looking in the "Customer Satisfaction" section of the ASQ catalog. As I said, there are several references there, but I don't know the authors very well. Any help would be appreciated...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I can't help, but do keep us informed. And, of course, we do expect a book report...

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Roger,

I read Improving Your Measurement of Customer Satisfaction by Vavra and Measuring Customer Satistaction by Hayes. Both are very good books. If I had to give an edge, I would select the Vavra text. A note in the write up mentions that this is an ideal companion to Hayes's book. This is true. Each author recognizes the other for their efforts and agree on most every level, and each refers to the other's strengths. I have also heard that the Naumann/Giel text is very good as well. This was mentioned at a ASQ sponsored seminar I attended about a year ago in Chicago. The instructor spoke of all three books as being very good sources.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Kevin Mader (edited 06 March 2000).]

R

Roger Eastin

Thanks, Kevin. I'll take your advice! I don't know, Marc, about the book report part! There are some pretty tough reviewers on this forum! Anyway, thanks for the help.

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
No problem Roger!

As for the book report..........another forum for book reviews, Marc?

Regards,

Kevin

Top Bottom