Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.
  • Google has changed ad sizes for some reason. I am investigating and will get the sizes reduced to what they have been until now. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Customer Specific Documents and Records - ISO 9001 Control Requirements

T

thekellyg

We have a couple of oil companies who are important customers, indeed they are the ones driving us to become ISO certified. My question relates to documents and records specific to them and their products. We do certain tests etc that are only done for them and the testing has some overlap but not across the board, ie, we do stuff for one that we don't do for the other and vice versa. Where do these records fall in the big ISO picture?

Thanks in advance for your responses! :thanx:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
We have a couple of oil companies who are important customers, indeed they are the ones driving us to become ISO certified. My question relates to documents and records specific to them and their products. We do certain tests etc that are only done for them and the testing has some overlap but not across the board, ie, we do stuff for one that we don't do for the other and vice versa. Where do these records fall in the big ISO picture?

Thanks in advance for your responses! :thanx:
The tests you perform are customer specific requirements, and records should be kept to show you meet them. You can reference sections 7.1, 7.2 and 4.2.4 in the standard.

There is a free matrix on my website that can be used to identify the customer specific requirements that pertain to your company, and show how you meet them (www.jilling.com ...click on the Tools tab...free download).

Top Bottom