Customer-Specific Requirements Cited in TS 16949 Scope of Certification?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Has anyone heard of a customer (say, a large tier-1) asking that a supplier's 16949 certificate include that customer's CSRs as part of the scope of certification?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Customer-Specific Requirements Cited in TS 16949 Scope?

Jim, I have never seen that. Because the CSR documents are continually revised, it would be a challenge to keep the scope of certification current.

I wonder if this in the IATF Rules 4th Edition document....:(

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Jim, I have never seen that. Because the CSR documents are continually revised, it would be a challenge to keep the scope of certification current.

I wonder if this in the IATF Rules 4th Edition document....:(

That's what I thought too. There is a big tier-1 that issues a periodic supplier report card, and it was noticed that there are points given for TS certification, but 5 points are deducted for not have their CSRs included in the scope on the certificate. I had never seen or heard of such a thing.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

I wonder if the SQE grading the supplier is confused. Obviously the CSR should be in the scope of the audit, but not in the scope of certification.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions

I am not an expert on rule4 but I do not see CSR as a requirement of the scope. I hope not.
Thank you.

Martin T

Registered

I believe the SQE is looking for documented evidence that CSR are referenced within the QMS and not as a statement in the certification scope.

As a Tier 1 automotive supplier, we tend not to conduct audits on Tier 2 suppliers on the requirements of the standard if they are already certified to TS16949, as that is the responsibility of the certification body.

To best utilise our resource, we do however conduct manufacturing process audits on Tier 2 suppliers.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Has anyone heard of a customer (say, a large tier-1) asking that a supplier's 16949 certificate include that customer's CSRs as part of the scope of certification?

I never heard it. If an organization is ISO TS certified it should be embodied in the QMS itself the customers requirements are taken into account, even though there is no statement of this in the certificate.

S

Sean Kelley

I was asked in the past to list our automotive TS subscribing customer base which the registrar then issued multiple pages with the TS cert including this listing of customers as one of those pages. Follow-up audits always asked if there were new entries or any to be removed. They would ask about the CSRs for each one of these to have proof that we are indeed meeting each of their CSRs.
:argue:

Top Bottom