Customer Specific Requirements - Not Provided by Customer?

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
OK, I'm a bit on the stupid side here, but, how can you have "Customer Specific Requirements" if none have been provided anyway?

If you have none, why fret and let something more important, like lunch, escape?
We do business with a major auto supplier of drive train systems. But we work with a small side division that makes engine parts for large trucks and tractors. We were never provided with CSRs even though the big corporate had them. Auditor tried to apply them to us because he knew about them. The division didn’t care because they did their own thing. It kinda sucked.

Randy

Super Moderator
Purely depends on the certificate scope of the audit being performed and the documented scope you define, and within your context. The auditor may very well be out of scope.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Purely depends on the certificate scope of the audit being performed and the documented scope you define, and within your context. The auditor may very well be out of scope.
Not really. In the IATF SCHEME, the scope of the audit must include any and all of the automotive product lines, irrespective if the customer requires 16949 certification or even if the automotive customer is a subscriber of the IATF or not. Stupid ruling but a rule nonetheless.

Randy

Super Moderator
Not really. In the IATF SCHEME, the scope of the audit must include any and all of the automotive product lines, irrespective if the customer requires 16949 certification or even if the automotive customer is a subscriber of the IATF or not. Stupid ruling but a rule nonetheless.
Wow, my bad. Hey Golfman, ignore my post.

Top Bottom