Customer wants to invoke AS9103 on one time buy of 25 piece order.

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
I've just been asked if we can implement AS9103 on a 25 piece order which is a one time buy from a customer. I'm not fimiliar with AS9103 other than it's for KC's which requires Cp and Cpk calculated. Is this a reasonable request from our customer? If not what arguement can I use to convince them otherwise?

Thanks,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Don Palmer

As9103

Hi Allen,

I'm not familiar with AS9103 either, and could not speculate as to whether the customer is making a reasonable request or not. Maybe their is someone here at 'The Cove' who can field this question.

Allen M. said:
I've just been asked if we can implement AS9103 on a 25 piece order which is a one time buy from a customer. I'm not fimiliar with AS9103 other than it's for KC's which requires Cp and Cpk calculated. Is this a reasonable request from our customer? If not what arguement can I use to convince them otherwise?

Thanks,

T

Thomas_Crown

Ido not see at is a bad request.

AS9103 is based around the control of KC's (Key Characteristics) and thus is not simply aone off requirement. But it should be used with all your parts.

KC's are those that contribute the overall build of the Aircraft. These may range fom surfaces through to hole diameters/ positions etc.

If you have a basic SPC system implemented you can align this to the actual part required.

Its not that difficult really.

You must be able to present KC performance

Thomas

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nicole Desouza Sampling plan for a customer who wants AQL 1.0 (per ANSI Z1.4) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
Genofear Customer wants to audit our supplier audits - seems inappropriate General Auditing Discussions 11
P Customer wants a Part Material Change - New PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 3
G Customer wants PPAP on Old Parts to New Standards APQP and PPAP 8
N Customer wants a PPAP/PSW on some Prototype Parts APQP and PPAP 6
S Boss wants customer delivery signature specimen form Customer and Company Specific Requirements 16
T Customer wants customized Software for Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Customer wants a Containment Plan Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
J C of C - Customer wants their internal procedures and standards indicated with rev AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 23
J Customer wants a P-value with our initial Process Studies Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Fender1 Management Wants to Exclude a Customer Product Line from Registration Scope ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
C Charging a customer who wants to audit our QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
V Customer wants to know what CC and SC's are on supplier prints. APQP and PPAP 2
I Repair and Service Facility - Customer wants PPAP for Refurbished Equipment APQP and PPAP 3
M Customer wants each dimension, including reference, in PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 6
W Customer wants 'Risk Based Compliance' for our Plastic Component Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
J Choice of Control Limits - Customer wants to control at 4.5 sigma Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 23
J Customer wants to Reduce GD&T Tolerances on Sheet Metal Subassemblies Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
J RoHS Compliance - Steel - Customer wants additional samples tested RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 32
A Customer wants AS9103 applied to 30 piece order. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
J SPC on Multiple Cavities - Customer wants SPC done on each notch - Cylindrical part Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
R Customer Satisfaction importance in companies with Government/Public Administration as main costumer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 3
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Ooi Yew Jin Customer E audit preparation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
Q Managing a "special" customer into the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Who is the customer in the ISO/IEC 17025:2017? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
T Root Cause Failure Analysis - Not following Customer packaging Specification Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
V Customer Print Specifications on PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 13
S Issuing of CoC to Customer in a Word or Excel format ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Design Transfer Template capturing Customer Specific Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
W Direct to customer export of medical device (class I: prescription lenses + frame) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S How to treat a customer complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I ISO 9001:2015 Section 9.3.2 C1 "customer satisfaction and feedback from relevant interested parties" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
JoCam Labeling to Customer Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
Q Customer Satisfaction through On-Time Delivery ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 22
T Nonconforming product at customer detected by a routine inspection by field service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
0 PPM calculation of customer complaints for PMS Customer Complaints 10
A Definition of customer in ITP (Inspection & Test Plan) Contract Review Process 3
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F Struggling with a root cause analysis - Customer Returns - Escape issue Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
S Best software for customer support/complaints? Customer Complaints 0
F ISO 17025 8.6.2 Customer Feedback Analysis ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
N Customer asking if their notified body can audit us ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
N ISO 9001:2015 Customer Complaints Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
PhilM Nonconformance report, Customer complaint investigations and RMAs ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8