Cutting & Pasting via Google Chrome - hyperlinks are lost

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Does anyone know if Google Chrome has a setting that allows for hyperlinks to be saved when cutting and pasting text?

I.e., when I cut and paste text that has an embedded hyperlink via Google Chrome, the hyperlink is lost. I have to manually added the hyperlink to the text. Doing the same operation in MS IE8 keeps the hyperlink. I can't believe Google Chrome can't do the same.

I have searched the issue, but could not find any response available online.

Any suggestions?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
To clarify, are you referring to copying from a web site page?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
I don't know for sure, but I *assume* it's a security aspect of Chrome not copying the links.

E

EricS

What are you pasting into? I use Chrome 13 (latest stable version) and when I try to copy from this site and paste into Microsoft Word the link does get copied over and it's clickable.

I'm on Windows 7.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I am cutting and pasting from a Google Chrome window into another one, eg, from a website into a post here @ The Cove

As I said, when I do that with IE8, the hyperlinks are saved. If I cut and paste from a Google Chrome window into a MS Word file, the hyperlinks are kept.

Running under Windows XP SP3.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Lean: Conducting Capacity Study, calculating Cycle times on laser cutting machines Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
Z Best Practices - small volume medical device tube cutting (0.020" to 0.080" OD)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F Process FMEA for Welding and Laser Cutting FMEA and Control Plans 3
I Cleaning Validation for Durapore Tape Cutting Machine EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Shelf Life of Mineral Oil USP (put on cutting burrs before shipping) Manufacturing and Related Processes 19
F How to measure a part that is 6 inches deep without cutting it Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
F Requirements for Cutting Fluids for Titanium Materials - Thesis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D FMEA for Laser Cutting of Die Cast parts in AM60B Magnesium FMEA and Control Plans 1
P Validation of HSC (High Speed Cutting) process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Ron Rompen Very Unique Prototype Requirement - Cutting Holes in Tubing Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R Is anyone using GreenCut Cutting Fluid Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
S Cross Cutting Test on Paints and Varnishes (ISO 2409) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
H Statistical Methods in Welding, Drilling and Cutting Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L OQ (Operational Qualification) for Electropolish - Orthopedic Cutting Tools Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
N In Process Control checksheet for Die Cutting (eg. carton) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P Cutting and Tapping Titanium Material - What tap material is recomended Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
D For Reference Only or Calibration/Verification - Tape Measures for cutting bar stock ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
A Toyota cost-cutting program World News 1
M Rotary Slitter for Cutting Paper or Packaging Materials - How to make it? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Generic Label Die Cutting Process flow Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Stacked Tolerances on Cutting Smaller Sheets from a Large Sheet Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
Marc Idiotic Examples of Corporate Cost-Cutting Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
Marc Ford Has $1.19 Bln 1st-Qtr Loss on Job-Cutting Costs World News 15
S Looking for company to calibrate cutting dies with A2LA, IAS, or NVLAP accreditation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Average and range control chart - Averaging Multi Spindles (6 cutting heads) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
Douglas E. Purdy Metal Cutting Tools & Verification of PVD & CVD Coatings Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M Iso 1832:1991 - Indexable inserts for cutting tools -- Designation Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
S Limiting the scope of APQP - Supplier of metal cutting equipment and test equipment QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
D Pasting table on OASIS new database AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Virtual Documentation via Master Flow Chart? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
H Question about implications of performing Firmware upgrade via MDDS - Medical Device Data Systems 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Medical Device Software Distribution for a CE-marked medical device via a USB memory stick EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Ed Panek Sterilization vs Disinfection - Wearable bandages that report a health metric via Bluetooth CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Auditor requests confidential information via Email ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
Sidney Vianna Accessing the Xenforo version of Elsmar via a smartphone Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 8
D Changing software classification via software - IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
D Internal audit of warehouses via Skype Internal Auditing 11
B Reclassification of Spinal Implants via Rule 8 (EU 2017/745) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J Consumer or Medical Grade Tablet to Receive Data from a Recording Module via WIFI IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 10
J GLP recognition via SCC (Standards Council of Canada) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
J Accessing and Using Databases via a Tablet Device Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
N Notified Body excessive reporting onto Competent Authorities via the Eudamed database ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
E Safety Requirements for Bioimpedance Measuring Device Power via USB Cable IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
O Importing Data via Script - Assign Column as Text (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 3
J Reducing Variation via Multiple Readings Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
P Documents Approved via Email Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 7
M The requirement for Communication via Top Management Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
E Contacting FDA via phone to let them know a Submission is Imminent Other US Medical Device Regulations 6