DaimlerChrysler Layered Process Audit Experiences per the DC CSR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cdaniels

For those of you who have implemented a Layered Process Audit process per the DC CSR's, or have a good knowledge of their requirements, I was hoping for some insight on a couple of questions. If this has previously been addressed I apologize. I have searched the forums and not been able to find an answer, any links to previous discussions would be appreciated.

My questions are:

1. How far upstream of your processes did you involve in the LPA's? Did you just focus on the production aspects and go forward or did you go all the way back to receiving and receiving inspection? In the information I have I see that GM lists shipping/receiving in their scope, but I did not see a similar statement by DC.

2. Do you have each layer performing the same audit (ie using the same checklist) or do you have layer 2 making sure layer 1 was performing their audits and layer 3 checking on layer 2, etc. Again I see that GM uses this audit the auditor approach as an example of an LPA process, while DC is not as specific.

Thanks,
Charles

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

bgwiehle

Layered Process Audits

cdaniels said:
1. How far upstream of your processes did you involve in the LPA's? Did you just focus on the production aspects and go forward or did you go all the way back to receiving and receiving inspection?
2. Do you have each layer performing the same audit (ie using the same checklist) or do you have layer 2 making sure layer 1 was performing their audits and layer 3 checking on layer 2, etc.
We are using the same LPA approach for both GM & Chrysler products:

Each audit focuses on a particular production process. However, the scope of the audit questions includes the outputs of earlier processes (components, traceability and expiry dates), as well as process set-up, packaging/labels, and operation and inspection steps for the process being audited.

There is no distinction between the checklists for each layer of auditing -- same checklists, just different frequencies. Audit completion and non-conformances are tracked by our software and there is no need to use a higher auditing layer to check that audits are being done. Due to how the audits are scheduled, sometimes there are both layer1 and layer2 audits for a process in the same week and sometimes not.

B.G. Wiehle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DaimlerChrysler Layered Process audit experiences per the DC CSR's Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
Q DaimlerChrysler PSO Manual - Is April 2005 the most current? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Marc DaimlerChrysler set to sell Chrysler to Cerberus World News 11
Marc DaimlerChrysler Plans to Cut 10,000 Jobs, Close Plants World News 4
M Definition DCX - Can someone tell me what is DCX stands for? DaimlerChrysler? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
M DaimlerChrysler (DCX) Customer Specific Requirements for PPAP 4th Edition Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
T DaimlerChrysler says it will cut 6,000 administrative jobs over three years World News 2
T DaimlerChrysler ISO 14001 Requirement Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
Marc DaimlerChrysler to Cut 8,500 Jobs in Germany to Revive Profit World News 1
Marc LOP (Labor Operation) Matrix - Daimlerchrysler Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
M DaimlerChrysler Gage Standard - Where to find PSO 5th edition requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
Marc Recalls: Toyota, DaimlerChrysler, Honda - May 2005 World News 12
S What is APA/BPA auditing? DaimlerChrysler quality auditor - China General Auditing Discussions 9
B DCX (DaimlerChrysler) Customer Specific Requirements July 2004 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 9
J DaimlerChrysler Material Standard MS-PE-16-2 published 2004-03-24 to Change Z Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
S Seeking Chrysler documents - PSFD027 - DaimlerChrysler Product Assurance Planning Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
M Anyone had any experience with the DaimlerChrysler's Customer Scorecards? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
H Process Sign Off Handbook - 4th edition of the DaimlerChrysler PSO handbook Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
H Process Sign Off Handbook DaimlerChrysler 4th Edition ? APQP and PPAP 2
H Layered audit updates after COVID-19 shutdowns Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 0
K Differences between Manufacturing Process Audit & Layered Process Audit Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
J Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
K Layered Process Audit (LPA) Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Layered Process Audits using Kamishibai Board Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
P Interesting Discussion IATF 16949:2016 Clause 9.2.2.3 and Layered Process Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
B Layered Audits using an iPad or other Tablet Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Stijloor AIAG Layered Process Audit 2nd Ed. (CQI-8) is now available. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Sean Kelley Help explaining LPA (Layered Process Audits) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
H Layered Process Audit Hard Copy Records Retention Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
N LPA (Layered Process Audit) Program - Visual Shop Display Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
V QSB Layered Process Audits GM/OPEL Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
T Historical Backround of LPA (Layered Process Audit) Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
M Layered Audit Checklist with focus on daily quality General Auditing Discussions 3
Celtic Warrior Consolidating results of LPA (Layered Process Audit) for Management Review Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
A Access Database for LPA (Layered Process Audit) questions Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
V Layered Process Audit Schedule example Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
S Layered Process Audit Examples Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
R Layered Process Audits Procedure of Form Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
I Can we use layered process audit (LPA) for HR Processes? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
A LPA's (Layered Process Audits) for Non-Production Support Processes Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
C Handling Repeated Non-Conformities when doing Layered Process Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 11
L Layered Process Audit Basics Explained Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
N What is the Latin word for 'Layered'? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
automoto Implementation of Layered Process Audits (LPA) Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
L Layered Process Audits: Efficiency, quality, safety or all the above? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 11
L Having faith in your Layered Process Auditors - Pencil whipping audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 8
Q Layered Process Auditing (LPA) for a service provider Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
A Definition Layered Process Audits - What are Layered Process Audits? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 12
H LPA's (Layered Process Audits) - Evaluation of Effectiveness Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 22
Douglas E. Purdy Delphi CSR (Customer Specific Requirements) and LPAs (Layered Process Audit) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3