Data Management - Quantity of digitally captured data

L

lee01

I am in need of some help and would like to ask for assitance: -

The organisation that I currently work for has expressed concern with regards to the quantity of digitally captured data that seems to be stored throughout the organisation with no controll what so ever.
I have therefore been tasked with the required as thus:
"To develop a system that will capture data (via CMM's and laser trakering devices etc) and store them in one location that will be eccessable and viewable from any area of the business over the organisations Intranet Site"
This seems simple and it will be, but we require (I require) any help or suggections that anybody can offer me in this goal. I know that BAE Systems are in the process of developing a QEDM system (Quality Engineering Data Management) that will enable storage, viewing and analysis over the organisations intranet site and will probably become a benchmark throughout the Aerospace industry but does anyone have any advice or know anything about it? I would like to introduce some of their components or theories into my intranet site.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

Not sure I can help in this area - but to further the discussion - the first thing that comes to mind is asking for a few more details --- Like

How big is "the organization"? ---- 50 people --- 2000 more?
How many CMM - or digital stations will supply this data base?
How much Data is collected daily? weekly? etc.
How long will the controlled storage timeframe be??
Are all the collection points within one shop? or multiple sites?

Not as a reccomendation - but as a possible infomation spot - there was a few years back place called "Digimite" or "Digimatic" - that dealt with these types of storing issues. - I believe "Mitutoyo also has systems for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KenK - 2009

My business is currently considering purchasing a very nice data collection & management tool from Hertzler Systems. I would strongly suggest you look into it too. It sounds like an excellent fit.

One of the things that really attracted us to Hertzler is its ability to seamlessly transfer data into MINITAB statistical software.

They provide tools for collecting the data, storing it into a database (you provide the database itself), and then it has a tool for filtering and analysis of the data. Its pretty cool.

Their web site is http://www.hertzler.com/

Note: I have no association with Hertzler Systems beyond being a customer.

Ken K.

D

Dave W 2005

Lee,

I would be interested to hear how you have progressed with this. I'm based at Filton, and have similar queries here.

Dave

L

lee01

Data Management

Dave,
Do you work for BAE? If so I can help you with what you want. If not I will write to you with details of what I have accomplished.

If you work for BAE, please email me with your full name and contactnumber and I will phone ASAP

LEE MOFFATT

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V IS/ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Clause 7, sub clause 7.11 Control of data and information management ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Can Cloud Data Management resources be qualified? Should they be? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
K I.T. Management in Clause 4.2.3? Control of Computer Data Backup and Access Security ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
L Data Management and Web based Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
S IEC 60601-1-4 - Required for Data Management System that just collects Data IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
S USB Cable (an accessory to our data management software) Changes and 510k IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
S Special 510k Operating System for Data Management Software Design Documents IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
S Software (Data Management) Catch up 510k 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Special 510k for Data Management Software Document Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S Data Management Software for Class II Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Data Management Software for Class II Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
N MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Management Services - Advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
N Patient Data Management IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
C Specialized Software for Inspection Results Data Management Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M IQA Analysis Data - How do you compile and prepare IQA Data for Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
T Management Review and Audit Data Requirements Management Review Meetings and related Processes 11
M 8.4 Analysis of Data - Required Management Review Data Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
Steve Prevette Informational I am presenting a webinar Thursday - "Data Driven Decision Making" - 19 November 2020 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
qualprod Best practice to ensure inputting of data in production Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
D Preservation of Electronic Data / Information Technology ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Comparing data from destructive testing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
DuncanGibbons Technical Data Package vs Digital Product Definition APQP and PPAP 0
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
F General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
E PEMS Hazards - IEC 60601 Clause 14.6 - Internal data use - Pressure sensor IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K Transform variable data into attribute data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 24
R Clinical evaluation without clinical data - MDR Article 61(10) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
H Capability Data for Paint Thickness on Painted Parts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
D BS EN 62304 - Medical-Relevant Data C.5 - Definition of IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
T Submitting MR Compatibility Data for 510(k) Cleared Device Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
S Quality manager considering data science Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
A What are Practical data center best practices IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
U Do we need clinical trial data for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S Average and standard deviation of Cumulative Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Watchcat CERs Literature Databases - Searching for data to evaluate EU Medical Device Regulations 16
D Transformation of Data Normality Failed Using Minitab Software 11
J Sample size for creating a data base as a reference to a tested variable Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 6
M GUDID data deficiency communication - IS THIS A SCAM? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 29
H Question about implications of performing Firmware upgrade via MDDS - Medical Device Data Systems 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Demonstrate how sufficient levels of access to data is achieved - Claims of equivalence EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Material safety data sheet (MSDS) related clause in IATF 16949 manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
CPhelan Using clinical trial safety data for evidence for CE marking EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Informational US FDA – MDR Data Files – Alternative Summary Report Data Since 1999 Available Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
CPhelan Do you require MDSAP for CE Marking of a Medical Device or is ISO13485:2016 with clinical data sufficient? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
M Data analysis Design of Experiments Using Minitab Software 3
silentmonkey Seeking efficient method to manage install base data Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
V Every good documentation practice observation is an data integrity issue US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
M Informational US – National Evaluation System for Health Technology Coordinating Center (NESTcc) Solicits Public Comments for Data Quality and Methods Frameworks Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0