Database that lists labs accredited to ASTM / ANSI standards

November54

Registered
Hello,

Does anyone know of a database that lists labs accredited to ASTM / ANSI standards? Our organization is looking to test a product to a specific standard and we're having trouble finding anyone that does it.

Appreciate any help, thank you.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Labs don't get "accredited" to ASTM or ANSI standards. They can be accredited to ISO 17025, and must list in their lab scopes the standards that they're qualified to do testing for. So no database. What standard are you concerned with, and what is the product?

Marcel DS

Starting to get Involved
You just need to find a laboratory that has also practise in ASTM methods, usually they also perform all the environmenal tests. Usually there is a Standard about the test and methods and a Standard for apparatus, clearly they have to be certified and accredited to ISO 17025 - which is a must for all labs. If you tell the product, the Standard and where you are in the Globe, it will be certainly easier to help you.

Kind Regards,

November54

Registered
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense. Specifically we're looking to test to ASTM F1772 - 17 Standard Specification for Harnesses for Rescue and Sport Activities. Basically 2 sit harnesses and 1 full body harness. Been having a hard time finding a place with the capability using Google-fu.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
The NFPA Technical Committee on Special Operations Protective Clothing and Equipment may be able to help.

After all they have to get their rescue harnesses tested, hopefully by an accredited lab.

NFPA

Marcel DS

Starting to get Involved
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense. Specifically we're looking to test to ASTM F1772 - 17 Standard Specification for Harnesses for Rescue and Sport Activities. Basically 2 sit harnesses and 1 full body harness. Been having a hard time finding a place with the capability using Google-fu.

Hi November 54, I looked also for this Standard, and I could not find a Lab to do it easy. However, I believe if you look for UL (Underwriter Laboratories) ul.com they will have Laboratories to perform the test. I worked for UL, and all that concerns ASTM is also in the scope of many of the laboratories, and I have just seen now on Internet they have an agreement.

"ul.org/ULASTM"

So, I believe it is worth a shot.

Kind Regards,

Marcel

Top Bottom