DCMA QAR Service Issue - Resident Inspectors absent from the plant

Roberts2600

Starting to get Involved
At the company I work for we have 2 resident QAR from Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). We have started having a issue of our QARs taking off and not notifying us until we receive an out of office email reply. Per one of the DFAR, I don't remember which, we are required to notify DCMA of an upcoming inspection and they have up to 2 days for residents and 7 days for non residents to respond and complete the inspection. I am curios if they are required to inform us if they plan to be off. If we knew ahead of time it would really help us to plan better.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I am curios if they are required to inform us if they plan to be off.
I don't know the answer to that question, but it is always beneficial when you have a good working relationship with government people who can approve/disapprove your work. Since you have two resident inspectors, would it be too difficult to ask them if you could receive advanced notification of their absence from the plant?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
At the company I work for we have 2 resident QAR from Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). We have started having a issue of our QARs taking off and not notifying us until we receive an out of office email reply. Per one of the DFAR, I don't remember which, we are required to notify DCMA of an upcoming inspection and they have up to 2 days for residents and 7 days for non residents to respond and complete the inspection. I am curios if they are required to inform us if they plan to be off. If we knew ahead of time it would really help us to plan better.
We came to an agreement that we would email them the request for their participation in the process. Part of the agreement was that we would complete the job, hold on to all documentation but they had 24 hrs to reply if they wanted to participate on the process. If no response - the product would be release.

It worked nice and the back flow went down fast and we still had a good working relationship - try it!

Roberts2600

Starting to get Involved
dsanabria that would be great if our QAR would allow us to do that but at this time he will not agree to it without inspecting the product first.

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
Misread at first glance:

" Resident Inspectors absent from the planet "

Explain the problem to them and ask them how they would like to address the issue. It can be entertaining to get the cause of the problem to determine the solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R DCMA QAR Request Supplier Data AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
apestate At-Source DCMA QAR DOD Inspector finds fault with Part Marking Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
A DCMA inspection for a drop-shipment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
R DCMA QAS is holding up shipments of product due to them being late AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
R DCMA Sampling of CSI Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Sidney Vianna FAA and DCMA to leverage OASIS data to assist in planning risk-based oversight audits Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
R How many Corrective Action Request can be Issued by DCMA for a single issue? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
W DCMA and AS9100C - Dedicating a week and 5 auditors to perform a AS9100C audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
C DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) asking for Inspection Schedule Dates AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
N "Beyond Economic Repair" - Scrapping Customer Material - DCMA Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
apestate How do you sell a DCMA Inspector on replacements for obsolete items? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
apestate Acceptance Sampling - Interpretation of "Lot" - DOD DCMA Inspector coming Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Sidney Vianna Major Defense Contractor issued a DCMA Level III CAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 25
Marc Acronym QAR - Acronym Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
I Equipment service dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D IEC 60601-1 - Service life testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
D Device functionality over service life - Objective evidence required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
Q ISO 9001 8.5.1 - Control of production and service performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Design & Development of a SERVICE Service Industry Specific Topics 13
N Evaluation of service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
N "Placing on the market" & "putting into service"- one time regulatory event or Continual supply event? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
samarth IVD manufacturer and service provider ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
C Quality Manager vs Warranty (service) Manager - Authorities & Responsibilities Customer Complaints 2
J Product Service after CE Certification expiration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
T Nonconforming product at customer detected by a routine inspection by field service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Service record requirements for Non-Serviceable Medical Devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C Quality at Logistical Service Provider Service Industry Specific Topics 0
M Standards Subscription Service and Standards Tracking Service Pros and Cons? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
J NHS exemption - Benefits versus expectations in UK NHS service EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Packaging and Damaged Parts returned from a Service Provider (Anodize) - Who is Responsible? Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
F 21 CFR Part 11 - Implicit requirements - Validation plan for a Software as a Service Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational From RAPS – Prep for Brexit: UK Seeks £25M Freight Service to Deliver Medicines, Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C Determining if Maintenance Contractor is an External Service subject to ISO 9001 Clause 8.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
W Customer Signature / Acceptance Service Reports Service Industry Specific Topics 2
T Is anyone working with N299.1 (Supply/service to nuclear power plants)? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Ed Panek Ideas to keep quotes for consulting service accurate on not inflated Consultants and Consulting 11
M Informational New Notified Body designated under the MDR – TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH Zertifizierstellen Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
V Replaced part affecting service life? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
A Defining Expected Service Life in Risk Management File Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
T Transportation - External Service Provider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
S Product registration platforms - A service called Licensale by Arazy Group Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 0
Kuldeep Singh How to define Expected life service life of medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A AS9100 D Counterfeit Prevention Program - We just service parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 17
W AS9120B 8.5.1 Control of Production and Service Provision AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A ITSM (IT Service Management) Ticket Audit Template Service Industry Specific Topics 0
P REACH - BOMcheck.net - What I can expect from this service? REACH and RoHS Conversations 0