DCP (dynamic control plan) and PFMEA - Effectiveness of the DCP method

K

Kopernicus

I am creating a dynamic control plan for our prototype processes.
Please forward any training material, examples or websites.

Any comments on the effectiveness of the DCP method?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: DCP and PFMEA

Hi and welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

You may want to first search the Post Attachments List (thin green bar at the top of the screen) for appropriate materials, as there are numerous examples, templates, etc. already posted.

If you can't find what you're looking for, I'm sure that someone here in the Cove can help. :cool:

T

tac123

I am creating a dynamic control plan for our prototype processes.
Please forward any training material, examples or websites.

Any comments on the effectiveness of the DCP method?
It depends on what you mean by dynamic control plan. The so called "dynamic" control plans that I have seen don't seem to have been sucessfull and are difficult to manage.

B

brackenray

I see lots of FMEA examples on the DCP inquiry threads but very few Control Plans. I know I've seen the two linked simplifying the creation, synchronization, and maintenance of them but no examples here. Any ideas?:thanks:

G

gunner361

Hi all,
I'm sorry to budge in on this thread but I need your help urgently, my boss took ill last week and I have been asked to submit a PPAP on his behalf, fine for most of it but the PFMEA that he uses has been rejected due to not having any recommended actions in place. This is not mu field I haven't a clue what to put or score etc. If I post the FMEA on here will some one please have a look for me and put in actions etc. This is a lot to ask but I really do need your help:thanks:

Attachments

kuyakut

Involved In Discussions
Hi Gunner,

Probably it was rejected because your RPN number is too high.
You need to have a guidelines on what is the acceptable RPN and also at which RPN you need to take actions.Severity above 7 and detection of 8 and above needs to have an recommended action plan. Re assess again your current prevention and detection controls.

Kuyakut

GRP

Involved In Discussions
Hi Gunner,

Probably it was rejected because your RPN number is too high.
You need to have a guidelines on what is the acceptable RPN and also at which RPN you need to take actions.Severity above 7 and detection of 8 and above needs to have an recommended action plan. Re assess again your current prevention and detection controls.

Kuyakut
For automotive PFMEA, the AIAG manual indicates in underline bold that it is NOT recommendable to use RPN thresholds for actions (p.103). This is also the case for SAEJ1739 and Ford handbook.

All the information related to RPNs of 120, 100, 60, or whatever, must be the result of customers trying -or succeeding- to enforce their CSRs. Beware and try not to fall into this, review customer documentation and accept their clauses with deviations.

Anyway, RPNs are going away, right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Step by step methodology in Preparation of Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) FMEA and Control Plans 3
Marc Acronym DCP - Dynamic Control Plan - Ford Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 8
W Ford Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) template in Excel .xls Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 14
M FMEA/DCP Structure and Quantity - Similar Parts and Processes FMEA and Control Plans 7
Marc AIAG DCP format Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
M ASTM F1717 Static and Dynamic Testing 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
G Re-numbering or editing Dynamic Stamps in Adobe Acrobat Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
T MSE for dynamic balance measurement? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Dynamic Control Plan Draft - need review FMEA and Control Plans 2
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
O Determination of Test Cycles of Dynamic Forces (IEC 60601) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Marc NHTSA - Crash imminent braking and dynamic brake support to its New Car Assessment World News 1
S Is a Dynamic Controlled Form acceptable per 21CFR820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Ballooning/Bubbling PDF drawings - My Dynamic Stamp AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
W IR Camera - Heat Survey of parts during dynamic testing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Predicate Device Test Results - ASTM F1717 Static and Dynamic Testing 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
I Controlled Dynamic Forms vs. Fixed Forms US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A Dynamic Control Plan used by Ford Powertrain division APQP and PPAP 6
Jim Wynne An interesting antivirus experience - A "dynamic" test After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 14
B Dynamic Torque Transducers: Calibration or Verification? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
V Over 60 dimensions CMM measurement in control plan APQP and PPAP 3
A Document control system for QMS in Google Drive? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
V Opinion on gauge control graphic General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S ISO 14001 Operational Planning and Control - Proving evidence of communicating environmental requirements to suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V How to control odour outside paintshop ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
G FMEA versus control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
K ISO 2859-5 (single run production) control plan issues FMEA and Control Plans 2
E Control Charts ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
E Control of Sterile Barriers made by the supplier Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
E Do anyone have document of automotive production risk and control of risk? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
M X-MR Control Chart Rules (Particularly the MR) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
I Clinical study suppliers (service providers) -- extent of control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P Product Requirements Control during Design Changes Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
T Control Excel template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J Document Control of Online Management Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R 8.7 Control of Nonconforming Outputs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
W Document control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
S Control plan - Multiple batches Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Q Control Plan and the frequency of sampling FMEA and Control Plans 11
A ISO 9001:2015 8.5.6 and 7.5.3 Document Control Questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
qualprod Sheets into a spreadsheet document control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Rene Minassian Control of (TMME) Testing and Measurement Equipment Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
C Control Plan APQP and PPAP 7
D Control of Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
M Document Control - Applying Suitable Identification to Obsolete Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Control of Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
S Control plan for "highly automated processes" FMEA and Control Plans 3
D Document Control Question involving DocuSign US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
R SCORING OF MILLER MARITAL LOCUS OF CONTROL SCALE Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M Document Control ISO and FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7