DCP (dynamic control plan) and PFMEA - Effectiveness of the DCP method

K

Kopernicus

I am creating a dynamic control plan for our prototype processes.
Please forward any training material, examples or websites.

Any comments on the effectiveness of the DCP method?

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: DCP and PFMEA

Hi and welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

You may want to first search the Post Attachments List (thin green bar at the top of the screen) for appropriate materials, as there are numerous examples, templates, etc. already posted.

If you can't find what you're looking for, I'm sure that someone here in the Cove can help. :cool:

T

tac123

I am creating a dynamic control plan for our prototype processes.
Please forward any training material, examples or websites.

Any comments on the effectiveness of the DCP method?

It depends on what you mean by dynamic control plan. The so called "dynamic" control plans that I have seen don't seem to have been sucessfull and are difficult to manage.

B

brackenray

I see lots of FMEA examples on the DCP inquiry threads but very few Control Plans. I know I've seen the two linked simplifying the creation, synchronization, and maintenance of them but no examples here. Any ideas?:thanks:

G

gunner361

Hi all,
I'm sorry to budge in on this thread but I need your help urgently, my boss took ill last week and I have been asked to submit a PPAP on his behalf, fine for most of it but the PFMEA that he uses has been rejected due to not having any recommended actions in place. This is not mu field I haven't a clue what to put or score etc. If I post the FMEA on here will some one please have a look for me and put in actions etc. This is a lot to ask but I really do need your help:thanks:

Attachments

• PFMEA 3641091.xls
    57.5 KB · Views: 707

kuyakut

Involved In Discussions
Hi Gunner,

Probably it was rejected because your RPN number is too high.
You need to have a guidelines on what is the acceptable RPN and also at which RPN you need to take actions.Severity above 7 and detection of 8 and above needs to have an recommended action plan. Re assess again your current prevention and detection controls.

Kuyakut

GRP

Involved In Discussions
Hi Gunner,

Probably it was rejected because your RPN number is too high.
You need to have a guidelines on what is the acceptable RPN and also at which RPN you need to take actions.Severity above 7 and detection of 8 and above needs to have an recommended action plan. Re assess again your current prevention and detection controls.

Kuyakut

For automotive PFMEA, the AIAG manual indicates in underline bold that it is NOT recommendable to use RPN thresholds for actions (p.103). This is also the case for SAEJ1739 and Ford handbook.

All the information related to RPNs of 120, 100, 60, or whatever, must be the result of customers trying -or succeeding- to enforce their CSRs. Beware and try not to fall into this, review customer documentation and accept their clauses with deviations.

Anyway, RPNs are going away, right?

Top Bottom