De-Coiler, Levelling, Autofeeder PFMEA - Which characteristics should be focused on?

C

citybeggar

Hello, everyone, I am a new here, also a newer to stamping area. Recently, our company invested some press with the 3-in-1 decoiler, levelling, autofeeder, I know something about the press, But almost nothing about the autofeeder, is there anyone who can help me with A pfmea about the equipment?

* How many characteristics should be focused on? property/quality of the coils? Levelling? speed? feed height? feeding pitch? safety to operators? or sth else

Where should I start the study?

thanks for your suggestion, or advice.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Re: De-Coiler, Levelling, Autofeeder PFMEA - Which characteristics should be focused

Start with a detailed process flow. Create a parameter diagram for each operation. The error states are failure modes. Noise factors are failure causes.

Also, review past field failures, scrap, rework, etc. These are known failure modes.

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Re: De-Coiler, Levelling, Autofeeder PFMEA - Which characteristics should be focused

Start with a detailed process flow. Create a parameter diagram for each operation. The error states are failure modes. Noise factors are failure causes.

Also, review past field failures, scrap, rework, etc. These are known failure modes.

Interesting, Parameter Diagram is more of a DFMEA thing going by the nature of this tool and also going by AIAG FMEA guidelines. I agree that the parameter diagram prepared for the corressponding DFMEA will be of good value, especially the Nosie factors pertaining to Manufacturing variation. But applying the tool for Manufacturing process is something I have not come across and wonder what value this could add.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin

The parameter diagram is appropriate for any type of system or process. I have successfully applied it on design, manufacturing processes, transactional processes, and software.

C

citybeggar

The parameter diagram is appropriate for any type of system or process. I have successfully applied it on design, manufacturing processes, transactional processes, and software.

Miner,
thanks very much for your advice. I will try to get/divide every detailed/minus things of the process, but sometimes I found it is hard to make a detailed action parametered.

do you have a simple manufacturing temple to share?

Top Bottom