Deadline for complying/replying to a Customer Complaint

S

selena15

Hi Cove
One company has as claims policy the following:

«the claim should be sent to the quality dept bla bla.. During the 15 first days after receiving their product and they aren't satisfy about its quality! This period ended, any complain won't be taken into consideration!"
My question is: when the satisfaction of client is the first target of company, how we can put this condition to answer a claim!? If the complain concerns some majors non conformity, are we allowed to ignored it? If the client is one very important, will we ignore it simply???:confused::confused:

If it is written in the back of invoice and communicated to people by this way: as you may know, it is written in small characters and you know few people will take time to write this notice.

I need your opinion on that point :truce:

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

MIREGMGR

Re: Deadline to complying/replying to a Customer Complaint

I'd think it would be very difficult to utilize that approach to customer satisfaction in the US and European markets and still develop long-term partnering customer relationships.

Admittedly that's not based on direct experience, though.

S

selena15

no MIREGMGR
Believe me it is usual to see that kind of notice in some product.
I don't know for USA or Europe but even i'mn not so confident about europe; but i'm asking this kind of remarks in the scope of QMS; despite the location.

J

Just Askin

Selena15,

Unless the product is perishable, or has a limited life, I'd think there would be an objection to the 15 day notice, if the notice was read. Our customers frequently order quantities to last more than 15 days, so to tell them "Aha, you didn't catch the error in time, you lose" would not do much to foster a good relationship or keep a customer.

On a personal note, I once ourchased an expensive lawn tractor and the store would not let me return it because their poicy for "gas powered" equipment was 30 days and I had it for 32 days. Had it repaired under warrenty, but no longer purchase expensive items from that store...or equipment from that manufacturer. Just my thoughts.

Walt

S

selena15

Selena15,

Unless the product is perishable, or has a limited life, I'd think there would be an objection to the 15 day notice, if the notice was read. Our customers frequently order quantities to last more than 15 days, so to tell them "Aha, you didn't catch the error in time, you lose" would not do much to foster a good relationship or keep a customer.

Walt
Hi Walt
Thanks for reply. I'm agree with you that if the product is perishable, it can be considered. but what about if not. I would explain.
This company is transfering a parcels for people from location to another. It can be cupboards or books...or something perishable. Actually, i used their service to tranfer one heivy cupboard from one town to another one. They send a message on my cell to advice me that my parcel is availale. When i went to take it. I discover that they give it by error to another one. I Complained of course but i remark this condition in the back of the invoice. I was astonished because i will tell you. Even i received the message, i was pretty busy and i was close to posponed this task to later.
My question is, some product or service can have this kind of condition, according to the type of product but what about this ? and if you find it during one audit, would you be conciliatory?
thanks

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
The point here is that a Customer is not happy with what they have received, therefore to provide good communications and relations with your customer, if a complaint is received action is immediately taken.

If I understand what you said, if I was your customer, and on the 16th day I found something wrong with what was supplied to me by your company you wouldn't take any action? As a customer I know that there are other suppliers that would appreciate my business, and I would go to the one company that is willing to do what is necessary.

For an example: We do business with the Government, and if something is found wrong or non-functional, the Government would generate a Product Quality Deficiency Report (PQDR). The first step in our process would be to review date received. Our warranty is one year from receipt of product. If the product has exceeded our warranty period (I have had a product that was over 10 years old, which has exceeded our warranty). If the warranty has been exceeded than I would notify the Government, review all existing product to see if the problem is in our production, take the necessary action, but still would only provide a new product at the current sale value to the customer, if they wanted to buy another. The product has exceeded the warranty, but an investigation is still performed. The Government has contacted me and said "you use to provide a replacement at no cost...why not now?" In simple terms, the PQDR goes against our Quality rating when they are generated and a lot of the deficiencies are caused by improper maintenance or improper handling, by the customer. We used to just send a new product out, but we were losing money ($$$). Why should you provide a new product at no cost when the product has exceeded the warranty? However, an investigation is always performed.

Now this is my personal experience, and may not be the way someone else or a company would do.

Always perform an investigation on any customer complaint.

Last edited:
S

selena15

Yes Coury
I'm Agree totaly with you , if the warranty period is over or/& the goods are perishable, It make sense to act as this.
What about the different situation, as they lost your goods and try to fix this kind of situation as this. Finaly, this is another way to say # we decline any responsability if..bla bla # This is what i was ferious about
Thanks Coury
Just in case of My special English:lmao: wasn't enough clear. The activity of this campany is Transport of parcel.
Rgds

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Deadline for compliance with added MDR harmonized standards CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
Z MDR Class Ir deadline (Reusable surgical instruments) EU Medical Device Regulations 27
D Corrective Action Timing - IATF CB Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Brexit UK MDR brexit out of sync with EU MDR deadline? UK Medical Device Regulations 4
T Rumours that class 1 NS, NM, NR devices will have a new deadline for MDR compliance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational BSI – ISO 13485 and products with May 2020 deadline for MDR certification Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
JoshuaFroud CE Marking and Brexit - Product shipped to a distributor prior to the March deadline EU Medical Device Regulations 2
O IEC 60601-1-2 4th edition transition deadline Dec 31 2018 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Sidney Vianna One year to ISO 9001 and 14001 transition deadline. ISO & IAF communique' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Sidney Vianna IATF bringing stakeholders together to ensure Transition by the 2018-09-14 deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
C Recurring Nonconformance - Missing Deadline for Closing a Corrective Action Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 14
P FDA's deadline for IEC 60601-1 3.1 edition compliance - Aug 1, 2016 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Scott Catron OSHA Hazcom GHS Implementation - June 1 2015 deadline Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
N Clarification on Canada's ESDM's and ECA's and the February deadline Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
Sidney Vianna AS91X0 Transition Deadline - New IAQG Decision - 2012 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 54
G IVD EU Notifications - May 2011 deadline for mandatory use of the Eudamed database EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T ISO 9001:2008 Recertification Audit Deadline ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Deadline Extension? New Excuse? Computer Enhancers for everyone Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
Sidney Vianna OASIS database - deadline for setting up an administrator is fast approaching AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
C What can I do if I cannot meet PPAP deadline? APQP and PPAP 4
L Is the EPA is going to decide if the SPCC deadline is to be extended? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
Q RAB 17024 & New Coke! RABQSA Suspends 17024 Transition Deadline ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
F Multi-Level CA (corrective action) Process? Levels of investigation, reply deadline Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
R What is the transition deadline for ISO 13485:2003? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C Consequences of Missing the Chrysler July 1st TS 16949 Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 31
Claes Gefvenberg Past the deadline: Your 9001:2000 status? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
H December Deadline - Registrars can not maintain certifications after December? Registrars and Notified Bodies 48
S Confused about the TS 16949 Deadline - Presumably a Big 3 mandate? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
N Competitor not complying with regulations (EU) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Advice needed: Shall I report my not complying company to NB / competent Authority (Europe) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
F Complying with ISO 17025 by UNIDO ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
qualprod Shortening processes complying with process approach ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
qualprod Complying with ISO 9001:2015 - 9.1.1 b - Monitoring, measuring, analyzing and evaluation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Complying with IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.1 - Type and extent of control IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Complying with AS9100 D Section 8.4.3 m. Ensuring that persons are Aware of... AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
S Suggestions or advice on complying with ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q ISO 9001 Certified but not complying with ISO clauses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I Does being a subsidiary fully absolve company B from complying with 21 CFR 820? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
R Failure of X-Capacitors complying with IEC 60384-14 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 13
N Complying with ISO 9001 7.6 - Customer Provided Computer and Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Unified Quality Policy sample complying to 9001-14001-18001 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 18
B Complying with ISO 14001 Clause 4.4.4 "Document Interaction" ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 9
I Acceptability of Existing Devices complying to IEC 60601-1 2nd Edition after Jun'2012 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
N Complying with AS9102 when the supplier is using 3D Model Based Definition (3D MBD) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
P Customer Focus - Complying with TS 16949 clauses 7.2.1 and 8.2.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Control of Records - Complying with ISO 9001 Clause 4.2.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Complying with Change Notification Requests - Wholesale Distributor Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
K Complying with Ford customer requirement 4.35 Variable Gage Studies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
V Purchase Order Clauses - Complying with AS9100 clauses 7.4.2 e & f AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
I Complying ISO 13485 - Require other documentation specified by regional regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5