December Deadline - Registrars can not maintain certifications after December?

H

Holly Blankenship

This may be a bit of a dumb question at this late date. Most of our plants have successfully transitioned to the new standard, but we have one that has undergone a lot of senior staff change and is not close to ready. My understanding iwas that re-registration to the new standard must be complete by December. But I caught a line in Quality Digest that said Registrars could not maintain certifications after December. Since the plant in question is current thru next fall, do we still have time to do it right?

Any help in setting me on the right road will be appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Holly Blankenship said:
Since the plant in question is current thru next fall, do we still have time to do it right?
Hello Holly and Welcome to the Cove:bigwave:

What do you mean by current thru next fall. Is this facility already registered to 9K2K? I would assume so, because all 1994 certificates expire on December 15 (I think that is the correct date). Our original certificate was to expire on the 29th of this year and our Registrar had to pull it and re-issue with the new date, per the RAB requirements.

Give us some more info and we will see what we can do.

CarolX

S

Simon Timperley

Although I sympathise with your situation Holly...I am very pleased that there will be no excuses accepted and no extensions given.

bpritts

Involved - Posts
Holly -- in the continued spirit of 'no dumb questions', you didn't say
which standard you are registered to. If ISO 9000:1994, then 12/15/2003 as
everyone has said, regardless of what your cert might say.

I imagine that you could just pile on the effort, do the audit, maybe get
bloody and bruised, but muddle thru anyway? Might not be pretty but
could still work. Depends on how big your gaps are.

You could also let the cert lapse and re-certify; bargain with the registrar
to get a reduced audit cost for the new audit. Plead with your customers
and hope for the best.

But if you're QS-9000, a different story. QS-9000 continues until 2006 although some
customers (Chrysler, Visteon) demand earlier transition. The ISO part would
go away but that doesn't really matter to the automotive OE's.

Brad

A

Aaron Lupo

Simon Timperley said:
Hello Chaps,

Let's give a nice 'big finger' to all of those who have worked their socks off and achieved the transition to ISO 9001:2000. :bigwave:
That is really nice! You had three years to make the conversion quit your whinning!

Slow down ISO Guy, let's look around for some facts...

I found the same information at ***DEAD LINK REMOVED*** . (And let it be known that I disapprove :frust: ). There seems to be no mention about this at the ISO site however. I mailed them for a comment.

Does anyone have more information about this? :confused:

/Claes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna IAQG News IAQG has a new website - December 2019 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
M Medical Device News Last update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – December 2018 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News MDSAP Stakeholder Day – December 5, 2018 presentations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News MHRA – Field safety notices – 03 to 07 December 2018 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
Sidney Vianna ANSI acquires full ownership of ANAB - December 2018 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
Marc Privacy Policy - EU GDPR Compliance - 1 December 2018 Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Q FDA To Publish Powdered Glove Ban Monday (December 19, 2016) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Marc The Passing of John Glenn - December 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc Medical Device NBs - Loaded up - December 2016 Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
S Advanced Surveillance and Recertification Procedures - being discontinued by the IAF December 2019 update ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H 22nd December 2013 - Dongzhi Festival or Winter Solstice Festival Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
E Amendment to Medical Device Directive (MDR) - December 2013 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Examples of CQE test questions for December 2012 exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Howard Atkins New FAQ and SI for ISO/TS 16949 Rules - December 2011 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
bio_subbu Clinical Evaluation - MEDDEV 2.7.1 Rev. 3 Released - December 2009 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J So how about some college basketball??!! December 2007 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
S Was QS9000 replaced by ISO/TS 16949 since December 2006? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Howard Lee Anyone Else Taking the CQE Exam on Saturday 2 December 2006? Professional Certifications and Degrees 13
W AS9100 Certified Auditor needed for December 2006 Audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
P We passed our ISO9001 and ISO/TS16949:2002 renewal December 2005 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Marc Extremely Critical Windows Security Hole - 29 December 2005 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Your Local World Wide Weather - December - 2005 to April 2006 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 80
Marc Dr. Juran - 100 Years Young - 24 December 2004 - A Century of Quality Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
Marc Registered User Article Poll - December 2004 Registered Visitor Articles Archive 2
C Tsunami - December 2004 World News 28
Marc Happy Holidays! December 2004 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc The Weather Today - 14 December 2003 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 78
K ISO / TS 16949 Draft "Disapproved"? December 2001 US TAG ISO/TC 176 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
S Audited against ISO 9002/3/1:1994 until December 2003? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
E Approval of ISO 9001:2000 - Publication date as 15 December ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Z MDR Class Ir deadline (Reusable surgical instruments) EU Medical Device Regulations 27
D Corrective Action Timing - IATF CB Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Brexit UK MDR brexit out of sync with EU MDR deadline? UK Medical Device Regulations 4
T Rumours that class 1 NS, NM, NR devices will have a new deadline for MDR compliance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational BSI – ISO 13485 and products with May 2020 deadline for MDR certification Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
JoshuaFroud CE Marking and Brexit - Product shipped to a distributor prior to the March deadline EU Medical Device Regulations 2
O IEC 60601-1-2 4th edition transition deadline Dec 31 2018 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Sidney Vianna One year to ISO 9001 and 14001 transition deadline. ISO & IAF communique' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Sidney Vianna IATF bringing stakeholders together to ensure Transition by the 2018-09-14 deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
C Recurring Nonconformance - Missing Deadline for Closing a Corrective Action Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 14
P FDA's deadline for IEC 60601-1 3.1 edition compliance - Aug 1, 2016 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Scott Catron OSHA Hazcom GHS Implementation - June 1 2015 deadline Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
N Clarification on Canada's ESDM's and ECA's and the February deadline Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
Sidney Vianna AS91X0 Transition Deadline - New IAQG Decision - 2012 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 54
G IVD EU Notifications - May 2011 deadline for mandatory use of the Eudamed database EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T ISO 9001:2008 Recertification Audit Deadline ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Deadline Extension? New Excuse? Computer Enhancers for everyone Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
S Deadline for complying/replying to a Customer Complaint Customer Complaints 6
Sidney Vianna OASIS database - deadline for setting up an administrator is fast approaching AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
C What can I do if I cannot meet PPAP deadline? APQP and PPAP 4