Declaration of Conformity with Electrical & Electronic Medical Devices

fialor

Involved In Discussions
Hi All,
I have come across an issue with one of the products that my company has recently taken over and I need help.

Part of the paperwork that goes out with the device is a Declaration of Conformity (DoC). I do not think this should be the case as I cannot find any requirements in 93/42/EEC that requires that the DoC should accompany the deivce, the requirement is that it must be made drawn up by the manufacturer and be "made available to the national authorities for inspection purposes...".

Any information on why this requirement is captured would be helpful.
Thanks
Fialor

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteveK

Trusted Information Resource
You are quite right there should be no need to send out a Declaration of Conformity with the product (for the reason you state). However, a number of our customers do request a Certificate of Conformity. I know it is a bit subtle, but there is a difference.

Steve

fialor

Involved In Discussions
You are quite right there should be no need to send out a Declaration of Conformity with the product (for the reason you state). However, a number of our customers do request a Certificate of Conformity. I know it is a bit subtle, but there is a difference.

Steve
Thanks Steve.
Yes - we require a CoC instead of a DoC from our suppliers.
I shall be progressing "Project Remove the DoC" from the box of product as it is an extra line item in the packaing of products that might result in a non-conformity leading to more work. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CharlieUK Informational ADCO MED EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY TEMPLATE CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
Aymaneh Traditional 510(k) Declaration of Conformity Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
R Declaration of conformity as per EU MDR (2017/745) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
R IVDR CE Mark for Class A products - Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
L MDR 745 - EU Declaration of Conformity - Signature Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A EC declaration of conformity - In the event clients ask for a copy CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 12
L Content of Declaration of conformity (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
N Declaration of Conformity for Product from Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Connection between Technical File and Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
I Who is responsible for signing the Declaration of Conformity and what is their liability Imported Legacy Blogs 0
A 93/42/EEC Declaration of Conformity and Harmonized Standards EU Medical Device Regulations 12
K DoC (Declaration of Conformity) for Custom Made Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M R&TTE Directive - Declaration of Conformity Requirement CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
somashekar Do NB's want the Declaration of Conformity with GMDN code? EU Medical Device Regulations 14
B Cost to a dealer for a "Declaration of Conformity " "Gost-R" in Ukraine? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Declaration of Conformity for an Investigational product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
JoCam ATEX - Responsibility for a Declaration of Conformity Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
M Declaration of conformity for "orthopedic soft goods" EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Revising Declaration of Conformity and Classification Rationale EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Content Requirements for a Declaration of Conformity (CE Marking) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
J RoHS2 Declaration of Conformity requirements RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
Q Medical Device Declaration of Conformity Approval Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 8
C PED Documentation (certificate and declaration) for Conformity Validation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Is there an Expiry Date for "Declaration of Conformity" (DOC) for Medical Devices? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
rob73 Harmonised Standards on DoC (Declaration of Conformity) EU Medical Device Regulations 10
N Declaration of Conformity from the Notified Body for our Surgical Glove Class IIa CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
I Question on Declaration of Conformity for device subcategory or generic device groups EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E What is missing in the attached Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
rob73 Length of validity of a self certified Declaration of Conformity (DoC) for CE mark EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Declaration of Conformity Paper Copy Shipped with Product? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
D Declaration of Conformity for a Class III Medical Device Implant EU Medical Device Regulations 5
SteveK Declaration of Conformity ? True site of Manufacture? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
T Declaration of Conformity acording to the ZLC 3.9 A4 Conformity Assessment EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A EC Technical File DoC (Declaration of Conformity) Content Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 8
G Declaration of Conformity and Standards - List of standards on your DoC's? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
R Declaration of Conformity - MDD (Medical Device Directive) 2007/47/EC or 93/42/ECC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 9
S Declaration of Conformity to Design Control 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Declaration of Conformity to Design Control 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
M Declaration of Conformity - Structuring EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Declaration of Conformity for non-CE Mark products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
somashekar Intent of "Declaration of Conformity" - MDD ANNEX II EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Q Authorized Representative - Declaration of Conformity Signator CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
J Standard Version(s) on Declaration of Conformity (DoC) - Necessary or required? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Notified Body on Class I Declaration of Conformity? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Lisbon customs requires for MDD declaration of conformity? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
J Declaration of Conformity - Updating the DofC to MMD 2007/47/EC EU Medical Device Regulations 4
N Declaration of Conformity - New directive, new declaration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Non-EU countries who use your EC Certificate & Declaration of Conformity Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
A Who signs your Declaration of Conformity? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
M Procedure for Declaration of Conformity EU Medical Device Regulations 19