Definition of Other Policies in the Quality Policy Document

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all,
In clause 5.1.1.1, IATF 16949 states that:
The organization shall define and implement corporate responsibility policies, including at a minimum an anti-bribery policy, an employee code of conduct, and an ethics escalation policy (“whistle-blowing policy”).
We decided to define our Ethics escalation policy (“whistle-blowing policy”) and anti-bribery policy in the quality policy document. Can it be a good idea? Or should those be defined in other documents?
Thanks all,

B

BoardGuy

[FONT=&quot]I would not add these to your quality policy document because you are then required to establish a measurement because the quality policy provides a framework for setting quality objectives.[/FONT]

PenutButer

Starting to get Involved
Agreed, having those two combined would create a world of problems. I would typically suggest divorcing all non-quality related information from the QMS whenever possible.

howste

Thaumaturge
We decided to define our Ethics escalation policy (“whistle-blowing policy”) and anti-bribery policy in the quality policy document. Can it be a good idea? Or should those be defined in other documents?
Thanks all,

I need some clarification: When you say "quality policy document" are you talking about a quality policy statement (as per 5.2.1) or are you talking about a quality manual?

morteza

I need some clarification: When you say "quality policy document" are you talking about a quality policy statement (as per 5.2.1) or are you talking about a quality manual?

Hi howste,
My intention was to include an ethics escalation statement such as "Top management try to establish necessary escalation processes and all personnel are committed to escalate any unusual situation for on-time consideration..." in the quality policy statement (as per 5.2.1).

howste

Thaumaturge
Hi howste,
My intention was to include an ethics escalation statement such as "Top management try to establish necessary escalation processes and all personnel are committed to escalate any unusual situation for on-time consideration..." in the quality policy statement (as per 5.2.1).

I would not include these in the quality policy statement. A quality policy statement (IMO) should be short and easy to remember. If it gets too big it will be cumbersome and easy to forget.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi all,
In clause 5.1.1.1, IATF 16949 states that:
The organization shall define and implement corporate responsibility policies, including at a minimum an anti-bribery policy, an employee code of conduct, and an ethics escalation policy (“whistle-blowing policy”).
Thanks all,

Look at your vision-mission-values statements first. The ethics policy may be included there.

Top Bottom