Delta Airlines declared the worst!

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
I was flying Continental on the day of the of the merger with United. The crew was United. Continental recognized me so I get different treatment. I guess it was just my perception.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tomvehoski

KLM and Northwest were always tight partners, but their computer integration was terrible. Sometimes I could get seat assignments on overseas flights, sometimes not. Sometimes they couldn't even see my reservation, or had to spend 15 minutes typing.

Delta bought NW, and Air France owns KLM, but they probably have still not fixed all their computer systems.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
KLM and Northwest were always tight partners, but their computer integration was terrible. Sometimes I could get seat assignments on overseas flights, sometimes not. Sometimes they couldn't even see my reservation, or had to spend 15 minutes typing.

Delta bought NW, and Air France owns KLM, but they probably have still not fixed all their computer systems.
That is correct. Our boarding passes printed by KLM could not be read by Delta.

Stijloor.

LUV-d-4UM

Continental and United are now one big happy family. Accordingto one Continental pilot I met yeaterday " only the CEO's love it".

I have been flying mainly United for the last couple of years, but a couple of days ago I took my first flight on Delta. No issues with being on time, but the biggest difference I found was that Delta Economy had a little more legroom than United Economy (which REALLY matters in the long overseas flights). Not as much as United's Economy Plus, but that costs extra anyways unless you're a frequent flyer (as I am).

mdurivage

I fly out of Detroit quite a bit. Flying was 100% better when it was Northwest Airlines. Delta is just not very friendly. Some of the flight attandants (former NWA) have vented in flight that they are unhappy with Delta as well.

C

caitlee

Delta Airlines is going to be the very first significant air carrier to gather $1 billion in airline fees, as it will gather that much by 2014. Many customers are unsatisfied with the mounting fee schedules, but the air carrier industry will cease to exist without them.

G

gbcqc

A guy is sitting at the bar in the departure lounge of a busy airport.
A woman walks in and sits down at the table next to him.
He sees that because she's got a uniform on, she's probably an off-duty
flight attendant, so he decides to have a go at picking her up by trying to
identify the airline she flies for.
He leans across to her and says the
American Airlines motto:
'We know why you fly' .
The woman looks at him blankly.
He sits back and thinks up another line.
He leans forward again and delivers the Air France motto: 'Winning the
hearts of the world'.
Again she just stares at him with a puzzled look on her face.
Undeterred, he tries again, this time saying the Malaysian Airlines motto:
'Going beyond expectations'. Nothing.
"Could it be British Airways then, as he wonders, then says:
"The World's favorite airline".
The woman looks at him sternly and says
'What the f**k do you want?'
'Ah!' he says, sitting back with a smile on his face:

"Delta" :notme:

LUV-d-4UM

She might just had a bad day! Perhaps. Let's provide Delta Airlines some feedback so they can identify opporunities to improve the service.:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R AS9100 DELTA FAI - Sub-supplier for plating changed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
A AS9102 Delta FAI Require after Rework stock item from stock AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
I Delta FAIR due to a Drawing Change AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
D Has anyone taken the AS9100 Delta course / exam? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 37
APHX02 AS9102 FAI Requirements that pertain to a Dimension 'delta' AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
M Delta FAIs on essentially unchanged drawings AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
D Delta or Partial FAI (First Article Inspection) - What are the differences? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
F Can you reference original FAI (First Article Inspection) after Delta? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
S The Delta Difference In Speed Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
B Can somebody help me to show a 'delta-FMEA' example? FMEA and Control Plans 10
I How to provide Lower Flame limit (LFL) and Delta Hv(cal/g) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
R Definition Inverted Delta - What does an inverted delta on a print represent? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 22
J Definition of Special Characteristics Delta C and Delta S - Need for Customer Audit Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
D Gage R&R on a delta measurement - Particle measurement count tool Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Marc Delta employee fired for blogging - Sues airline Career and Occupation Discussions 1
Pancho United Airlines NCR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 43
Marc What Airlines Really Charge (In 1 Simple Table) Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 6
Mikishots Malaysian Airlines Flight Search is Over? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
Ajit Basrur Malaysia Airlines Plane May Have Crashed - March 2014 Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 47
Stijloor United and Continental airlines merge!! World News 6
Stijloor Airlines add fees on top of fees!!! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 0
R They do things a little different on Southwest Airlines! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
Marc What is Frontier Airlines like? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 14
Marc US Airlines raise base fares - April 2006 Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
F "Quality is Safety" In the airlines. Please Help! Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
M IEC 61000-4-2: Requirements for coating declared as insulating IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
A How should the Medical Device OEMs be declared to ANVISA? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Notified Body Involvement with Self Declared Products EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Q Is it a NC, if a clause is not declared as non applicable? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D EU Harmonized Standards to which a company has declared compliance EU Medical Device Regulations 13
V Own foreign manufacturing facilities declared as sub-contractors ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T Transition Time for Self Declared IVDs EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Annex III self declared IVD to be in use with Annex II List B IVD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
P Annex 1, ER 4 ...product lifetime must be declared along with..." EU Medical Device Regulations 9
P Confusion on declared (part of the quality manual) and non-declared documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
L Supplier ScoreCard Question - Declared NonConformance vs Undeclared NonConformance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
ScottK After a conversation with a friend I have declared myself a 6 Sigma Green Belt Six Sigma 14
Marc Did You Know? - 1995 - Richard White - First person to be declared a Munition World News 0