Deming's SoPK (System of Profound Knowledge) Discussion

WALLACE

Quite Involved in Discussions
SoPK shared, explained and developed.

Here's a new start to a balanced approach to sharing, explaining the interpretations and, further developments of A System of Profound Knowledge.
Lets be gentle and respectful to each other regarding this fascinating subject of A SoPK.
Attached is visual representation of a SoPK. It has been posted before and didn't get much response, maybe this is where it's new home is meant to be. Feel free to add and submit your recomendations for the development of the visual interpretation that may allow a balanced approach to sharing, explaining and developing A SoPK.
Wallace.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

It will be interesting to see if we help anyone reach an
"AHA!"
moment.

Even the folk who try to cast stones and heap ridicule (especially the 'yawners') will be helpful because we can gain a sense of the resistance to systems thinking.

From one of the choir - Wes

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Wallace,

We'll try again. Even if things develop slowly, we need to keep remember not to take it personally.

Yes Wes, having the pros and cons presented and explained refine theory or solidify it. I'm hopeful that if folks find themselves at odd with a statement made by another contributor that they enter into a dialogue for discovery rather than the traditional discussions we generally enter.

Any other ground rules we should consider? They should be detailed within the first few posts so folks know where to find them.

Kevin

Wes Bucey

I sure agree with the guide. (IMO, good for most posts in ANY forum.)
I'm off on errands. Back tonight to see how this thread develops.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Kevin Mader said:
Wallace,

I'm hopeful that if folks find themselves at odd with a statement made by another contributor that they enter into a dialogue for discovery rather than the traditional discussions we generally enter.

Any other ground rules we should consider? They should be detailed within the first few posts so folks know where to find them.

Kevin
Kevin and Other "Demingites",

I applaud your (and other's) efforts at helping to clairify the SoPK -- IMO that is needed.

But it seems to me you are insinuating that in other threads posts are not for a “dialogue for discovery” but for something else. Please explain. And explain to me why this thread needs its own “special” rules for posting. IMHO it seems to me you folks are starting off this thread right from the beginning by lightly insulting other threads and suggesting that this thread is somehow “above” others, therefore requiring “special” rules. Is that really the best way to start? I don't mean to "cast stones or heap ridicule" just for kicks, but rightly or wrongly I just get a sense -- a gut feeling -- about how this is starting and it ain't a good one. Sometimes it’s not the steak, it’s the sizzle.

So am I way off base -- anyone?

WALLACE

Mike,
I haven't read too much into threads at the Cove in a negative manner, I've had my moments though.
Yeah some folk at the Cove tend to use sarcasm, open insults and ridicule to get their points across but, that's all part of the human condition and, I fully accept the human condition.
There's no special rules for posting at the Cove yet, I firmly believe, it's possible to use sarcasm, open insults and ridicule in a positive manner when posting at the Cove. Each and every post at the cove has potential as a "Dialogue for discovery”.
Consideration should, for the sake of respect for others at the Cove, be made when posting at the Cove. We all have degrees of sensitivity regarding learning, knowledge sharing and respectful confrontation.
The ground rules are a good way of agreeing to a process that, when adopted by consensus, facilitates a productive flow to thread discussions, it's a guideline of common sense.
Peace out Mike.
Wallace.

R

ralphsulser

I think it means leave your ego's at the door, and try to absorb, and participate, rather than control. Learning how to improve what we are doing is always a positive experience. Cynics tend to obstruct the benefits of learning. Questions will always arise for puposes of understanding, and clarification. This allows all to learn something. So, I guess it's like a TV program, if you don't like what's on you have a choice not to participate. This same philosphy applies to other threads as well. Respect, dignity and value of others opinions along with suggestions for improvement.

R

Raptorwild

ralphsulser said:
I think it means leave your ego's at the door, and try to absorb, and participate, rather than control. Learning how to improve what we are doing is always a positive experience. Cynics tend to obstruct the benefits of learning. Questions will always arise for puposes of understanding, and clarification. This allows all to learn something. So, I guess it's like a TV program, if you don't like what's on you have a choice not to participate. This same philosphy applies to other threads as well. Respect, dignity and value of others opinions along with suggestions for improvement.
I agree! I feel pretty stupid, since I just asked for help on this subject in another thread before discovering this one! I am like a sponge, soaking up all your knowledge no matter how you spit it out! :biglaugh:

Thanks to everyones input here at the cove!
Paula

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WALLACE Deming's SoPK (System of Profound Knowledge) Challenge Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 66
ScottK Dr. Deming's most neglected Points and Diseases Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 13
B Does anyone here have any experience with the Deming Prize? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
WCHorn Deming's Eleventh Point and AS9101D are Incompatible Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 19
J Similarities between Juran, Deming and Crosby Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 7
S 97% Predictability in all things? Dr. Deming's statement Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
U Shewhart, Deming and Data - a thought provoking article Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Deming Quote in Out of The Crisis Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
P Deming - Management of Statistical Techniques for Quality and Productivity Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
G Deming Prize (TQM Implementation award) vs. TS 16949 Compliance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G Deming PDCA Cycle Automotive Mfg Sector Example IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C Help with a Deming Quote Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
Stijloor Who will follow Deming-Juran-Crosby in their footsteps? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
Stijloor The Deming Evangelist Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 21
Stijloor Are you a member of SAD (Society of Anti-Deming)? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 24
M Deming on You Tube Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
B Games to understand SPC concepts - Variation, Tampering, (Deming funnel experiment) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P What influence have Juran Deming & Crosby had on the retail sector Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
V Quality Gurus Comparison - Deming, Juran, Crosby, Ishikawa and Taguchi Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
D Deming Cycle PDCA - The Check phase clarification, please Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
V Quality Gurus: Question on Comparison of Philosophies: Deming, Crosby, Juran Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 23
V Deming - Drive Out fear - How to Implement a TQM Environment Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
ScottK I am Going to Implement Deming's 12th Point for my Staff Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
Randy Deming and Shewhart information for Power Point slides related to P-D-C-A Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
C Deming award requirement? Control charts manually updated and not on PC? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Wes Bucey Research Seminar Seeking Deming Papers Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 0
L Required Reports for Deming Award - Corporate & Departmental Level Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
S The theories and practices of Deming, Juran, Kaizen and several others Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
WALLACE Deming's philosophy in education? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
Marc Betamax vs. VHS - What does this tell us? How would Deming explain this? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 11
Kevin Mader Fear - Deming's Point 8 - Reduce fear throughout the organization Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 30
S 6 Sigma Only for Giants? Deming's Thoughts? Six Sigma 3
P Quality Games and Deming's Red Bead Experiment Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 18
Marc Deming vs. Statistical Hypothesis Testing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
D 4GM - Fourth Generation Management (Deming) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
W Juran vs. Deming - Your Thoughts? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 39
D Japan Today vs. America today..was Deming Right? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 8
D Philip Crosby vs. The Deming Philosophy Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 29
qualprod Assign a name to a home-made ERP system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
H IEC 60601-1 ME equipment or ME system IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
K Biological indicator system classification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N Chemical Testing on Medical Devices - Solutions in a container closure system (bag) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D EQMS - When the internet or system might not be available ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10