Department of Labor Job Description - Seeking Help

D

Don Winton

<font COLOR=GREEN><BLOCKQUOTE> Certain EPA Regulations, like those found for hazardous waste operations (40 CFR 260-266) require written and specific job descriptions.</BLOCKQUOTE></font>

Etc, Etc, Etc. I agree. I was speaking from strictly an ISO 900x perspective. Apologies for any confusion.

Regards,

Don

D

David Mullins

Three things occurred to me when I came back to this thread:

1.If ISO 9001:2000 was really interested in best practice, it would state what the best practice requirement was in definitive terms.

2. How come they modelled 9001:2000 on ISO 14001, which has the popularity of haemorrhoids because of its structure?

3. Andy - so if you set up a QMS the PRODUCTION MANAGER has to fish and weave his way through the manual, procedures and instructions to know what his responsibilities are. I suppose if you followed everyone's line of thought you'd have to say "AND ANY OTHER DUTIES" in your procedures!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't sound too best practice.

------------------

D

David Mullins

The following is a thread starter that just surfaced on another forum. I thought it rather underlined how job descriptions are a particularly useful thing. May be the auditors should have asked this guy for info on quality plans for his future. Here it is:

---------------------------------------------
Posted by Kenji Shibata on August 21, 2000 at 18:02:50:

Hello,
I am a quality coordinator for telecomm. company based in oklahoma. We are recommended to ISO 9001 registration
last month. Now my question is the role of quality coordinator/manager after becoming iso certified. I donot have a job
description. I asked GM what he wants me to do in daily operation... but he said " maintain procedures....". I donot think
that is only responsibility of QC. So I need someone to advise me what the role of quality coordinator and what kind of
factors should be included in maintaining quality system and continuous improvement. I really really appriciate.

------------------

Top Bottom