Depicting Communication Flow Gaps between Departments/Process Steps on a Process Map

S

shirshen

What's the most user friendly way of showing communication gaps/ information flow gaps between departments/process steps on a process map ? Are there some best practice standard notations/mechanisms as well ?
Shirshen

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Depicting Communication Flow Gaps between Departments/Process Steps on a Process

What's the most user friendly way of showing communication gaps/ information flow gaps between departments/process steps on a process map ? Are there some best practice standard notations/mechanisms as well ?
Shirshen

Hi,
welcome on forum.
From my working experience, I saw the usage of process mapping in term of "as is" using SIPOC method and then swim lanes for mapping sub activities.
After making the initial picture, you could propose a "should be" map expecially in the "grey" areas, when you reveal some disconnects, coming , for example, during your internal audit or process assessment. I suggest to do this in multi-disciplinary with process owner and staff involved in the mapped process ( stakeholders, perfomers ...)
Hope this helps:bigwave:

Top Bottom