Design and Development Procedure example and Template wanted - AS9100 Rev D

D

dovla

HI, I need just to somebody explain me about procedure Design and Development according to AS9100D?
I just start to write procedure for whole company. We are small company, and here on std. part 8.3 Im block :D.
For design and development I need document for planing?
That document must be include in design and development procedure....
Thank in advance.

D

dovla

As anybody know where I can download some template in according to AS9100D? :bigwave:

D

dovla

Template for procedure Design and Development and template for form Design and Development plan acording AS9100D.
Thank you in advance.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: AS9100 Rev. D - When and what? • First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017

AS9100D doesn't require documented procedures for design and development, but I still think it's a good idea. If you already have documented procedure(s) describing your D&D process, I would take what you have and see if there is anything missing. If there are gaps with the new standard, look at what needs to change, how to best implement the changes, and then modify the procedure to match.

If you don't already have a procedure, I would map your current process first in a flow diagram. Again, if you need to change anything to meet the requirements, add steps in as appropriate. Then write a procedure around your process. Or you could just use the flow diagram as the procedure supplemented with responsibilities and authorities and use forms to capture inputs, reviews, and outputs.

I wouldn't start with someone else's procedure because their D&D process may be very different. But it probably would help to look at other D&D procedures to get an idea of what kind of content is useful. The Post Attachments List at the top of each page in the forums here is useful to find things that people have posted over the years. I don't see a lot of procedures, but here's a quick search to start with:
https://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist.php?mode=docs&sortby=date&pageamt=2&criteria=design

Just change the keyword to search using other terms (like procedure, template, development, etc.)

D

dovla

Re: AS9100 Rev. D - When and what? • First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017

We are in phase to implement AS9100D my company dont have any procedures, I just start to write some procedures and Quality Manual.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

We are in phase to implement AS9100D my company dont have any procedures, I just start to write some procedures and Quality Manual.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please provide a general overview on what your organization does?

Are your customers asking for AS9100 Registration/Certificate? Or does the organization want to implement and register to AS9100 without specific contractual obligations?

As Howste stated, start with identifying your processes within in your organization. Then determine how the are interrelated to each other to meet the organizations goals, objectives and results desired. I would then go out to the manufacturing areas, and ask the people preforming the process to tell you how they do it. Document those processes and the documentation used to achieve desired results.

I do believe there are templates in the Post Attachment list, that might give you some type templates, if you are just looking for something that looks good from a format view.

Those will get you started, at least in my opinion.

Top Bottom