Design change and Process change Class 3 medical device

adztesla

Starting to get Involved
Hi all,

Can someone help me answer the below?

1. What is considered a design change as per ISO13485 and the FDA?
2.What is considered a process change as per ISO13485 and the FDA?

Please would you advise?

It would be great if you guys can detail me the document references if there are.

Thanks!

EmiliaBedelia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Have you read ISO 13485 and the FDA guidance on changes to PMA products? Those are the documents I would reference, you can very easily obtain these from the internet.

Practically speaking, a change could impact both the manufacturing process and design (eg, a design change to use a new coating material, which may require a process change to use a new manufacturing method; a manufacturing change to a new type of machine that necessitates drawing modifications to update the tolerances). So it is probably more useful to you to use the modification assessment framework for US and/or EU to make whatever decisions you are trying to make from this question.

adztesla

Starting to get Involved
Have you read ISO 13485 and the FDA guidance on changes to PMA products? Those are the documents I would reference, you can very easily obtain these from the internet.

Practically speaking, a change could impact both the manufacturing process and design (eg, a design change to use a new coating material, which may require a process change to use a new manufacturing method; a manufacturing change to a new type of machine that necessitates drawing modifications to update the tolerances). So it is probably more useful to you to use the modification assessment framework for US and/or EU to make whatever decisions you are trying to make from this question.
Thank you. I will have a look. Thanks!

Top Bottom