Design Control SOP - Streamlining with R&D Department

K

kennethmabou

Hi folks.

I'm a newly registered user of the forum and fairly new to the Quality realm. I was looking for tips or samples of SOPs for Design Control (7.3 of ISO-13485) which are more user-friendly for R&D types.

Our company uses an off-the-shelf SOP which is too cumbersome to be of much practical use. Any ideas or samples would be very much appreciated!!

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
K

kennethmabou

Thanks. It is a small medical device manufacturer. We have several products on the market and a small R&D team developing enhanced products based on customer and market feedback and new products based on the same.

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
I do not believe in golden template.
I would suggest, to interpret what is in the standard according to your view and, well, write it down, review with expert and let it go.
Really, I do not think there would be any template you could use.
Alternative is to hire a consultant for this job. Could be a weekly cost as far as I would commit (but I can not, anyway).
Regards!

K

kennethmabou

Thanks again. I am doing that. I'd just like to get some ideas and useful templates from others if possible, to incorporate into our own.

I have moved this post to ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 - Medical Devices - Quality Management Systems sub-forum, for better hits and responses ....

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Well, I guess you ask it with reason, if there is any concern you have or specific uncertainty, just let us know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L To control the essential design outputs Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
P Product Requirements Control during Design Changes Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
M Design Control Procedure Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
D Using electronic lab notebooks in the design control process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Design Control - Management of Electronic CAD files Design and Development of Products and Processes 14
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Design Control Procedures later in the Development Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Q Relabeler for patent expired product - design control responsibilities? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Design Control - Ways of capturing inputs from manufacturing Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
M Medical Device Design Control Auditor Recommentations General Auditing Discussions 19
R Operator's manuals as prevention design control FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Design Control for Class I Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
C Defining Approvals Required for Design Control Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Design Transfer - How do you guys control the design transfer process? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S Is Human Factor Testing required as part of Design Control Validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
W Design Control Assistance required ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
V For a Drug-Device Combination Product, 'Design Control' Process is triggered at? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Design Control - Can Validation be based on a limited/first Production Run ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Design Control for Relabeling and Repackaging 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
N Dual ISO 9001 (Manufacturing) and ISO 13485 (Design Control) for same product line ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Incoming Inspection Plans under Design Control (part of DMR)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
V Design & Documentation of Control Systems and Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
C How to evaluate the Detection Ranking of a new Design Control FMEA and Control Plans 1
A Design Control Requirements: IDE exempt, NSR Device (Clinical Study) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M Class II Medical Device Design Control Non Conformance 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
I Content to be included or excluded in Design Control Meeting Minutes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
H ISO 9001 Document Control Requirements - Design and Development Department Checklists Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M QSR - Design Control on Existing Device not Designed following QSR 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
H Medical Device Design Control Requirements (820.30) on Existing Products 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Internal Design Control Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
E Better control of DHR (Design History Record) during processing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D Class I and Class II Medical Device Accessory Design Control Requirements US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
G Understanding Identification of Design in QSR 21 CRF Part 820.30 Design Control (f) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Q Tracking Log for IP during Design Control Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K 7.3.7 Control of Design & Development Changes AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
K Design Control - Parent Company is located in Australia 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S New Requirements for Design Control in AS9100 C AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
W Design History Verification Records Control and Approvals US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
B Design Control and Release Manual plus a Quality Manual Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 13
A R&D Design Control - Ideas to Improve the Quality of Drawings Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
H Design Control Requirement - Initial Distributor of a Class I Video Laryngoscope US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M ISO 17025 and Design/Process Control Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
bobdoering Myth or Mythunderstanding: Implications of the Economic Design of Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
C At what stage does Design Control play a role in Medical Device Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Suggestions on how to control a Design Dossier? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Request for a Design Control Procedure or Process Flow for HVAC Design Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A Design/Change Control Procedure - How to cope with Changes during Development? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 26