SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Design FMEA (DFMEA) Basics - Help needed

P

p v k Raju

Hi
This is Krishnam Raju and I would like know the Design FMEA. Could you please help me for making Design FMEA. I Know Process FMEA but DFMEA new for me. Any body have in this subject. Please help me.

For example One product is thier (more then two parts assembled)
for that How do the DFMEA. Is it required for all parts for DFMEA or total prodcuct(Assembled part-end product) is required DFMEA.

Any example for DFMEA please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
PVK Raju

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
For example One product is thier (more then two parts assembled)
for that How do the DFMEA. Is it required for all parts for DFMEA or total prodcuct(Assembled part-end product) is required DFMEA.
I take the following approach with assemblies of multiple parts/subsystems:

1. Perform a System FMEA for the top level product. Focus on the FUNCTIONS (not the hardware) of the product and their failure modes.
  2. Identify the high risk subsystems (or sub-assemblies) of the next lower level. This risk assessment is made using Severity, Criticality (SEv x OCC) and RPN in that order.
  3. Perform a Subsystem(Sub-assembly) FMEA on these high risk subsystems (not all of them). At this level you may choose to use either the functional or the hardware approach.
  4. Repeat 2 & 3 for the next lower level as needed. This could be taken to the individual component level, but is not normally done unless the severity or possibly the criticality warrants it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1
Marc Definition DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
K Determining Effect of Failure without a DFMEA (Design FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 1
M Severity Reduction in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 26
G How to identify Key Characteristics (KC) in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
R DFMEA (Design FMEA) on Printed Circuit Boards (PCB's) FMEA and Control Plans 2
R Rear Axle Gear Group DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Example wanted FMEA and Control Plans 2
M ISO 14971 Risk Analysis and use of a DFMEA (Design FMEA) ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
Chennaiite DFMEA (Design FMEA) at Vehicle Level - Some inputs needed. FMEA and Control Plans 4
S DFMEA (Design FMEA) for a New Line Operation of the Underground Operation FMEA and Control Plans 10
T Electronic Assembly Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 6
michellemmm Reverse Engineering a Design FMEA using aerospace DFMEA guidelines FMEA and Control Plans 2
T DFMEA (Design FMEA) - We already have a PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 5
P Design FMEA (DFMEA) required on all products and their parts? Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
R Can a DFMEA (Design FMEA) effectively analyse design modifications? FMEA and Control Plans 12
C DFMEA (Design FMEA) and PFMEA (Process FMEA) - Who should lead? FMEA and Control Plans 14
A DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Occurance and Detection Ratings FMEA and Control Plans 2
B How to fill s/c and c/c in DFMEA (Design FMEA)? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
S DFMEA - Is a Design FMEA required? FMEA and Control Plans 3
M DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Trailers or any heavy vehicle design Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
N How to Calculate RPN in Design FMEA (DFMEA) vs. Process FMEA (PFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 9
M When to start a DFMEA (Design FMEA)? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the meaning of the Occurrence in the DFMEA (Design FMEA)? FMEA and Control Plans 8
R DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Document or Record? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
W DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Bulk Material - Resin for Plastic Injection Moulding FMEA and Control Plans 1
K DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Plastic Injection Molding FMEA and Control Plans 2
T Ballpoint Pen DFMEA (Design FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 13
L Special Characteristics in DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Carry over to PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 9
Y Design (DFMEA) and Process (PFMEA) FMEA Failure Mode Identification Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
S Control Plan and Design FMEA (DFMEA) Links FMEA and Control Plans 4
P Design FMEA - Detection Rating criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 18
P Design FMEA for Industrial Machinery FMEA and Control Plans 3
D Design FMEA for a component - Should I make the following assumptions? FMEA and Control Plans 7
D Do you need requirements for a Design FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 1
R Development of Design FMEA - Functional Requirements FMEA and Control Plans 1
Moncia Design FMEA - Where to Start FMEA and Control Plans 20
T Would a Leak be a Failure Mode on a Design FMEA? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
V Examples of Design and Process FMEA for Pharmaceutical Product Development ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
V Linking the FMEA Causes & Action Plan with DOE Experiments or Experimentation Design FMEA and Control Plans 1
C AIAG FMEA 4th Ed "Design Assumption" - I Need Examples FMEA and Control Plans 15
A AIAG Design FMEA Severity Rankings - Noncompliance Government Regulation? FMEA and Control Plans 9
V Biggest bottleneck/hurdle in Implementation of Effective Design FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Design FMEA, Process FMEA, Component FMEA --> FDA requirements? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 18
V In Design FMEA, how to give Occurrence Rating? FMEA and Control Plans 4
M What are Comfort and Convenience Items on a Design FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
K Design FMEA Detection Scoring - FMEA 3rd edition manual FMEA and Control Plans 7
R Use of Design and Process FMEA tools - Kitchen Cabinets Manufacturing Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
O Bulk Material PPAP - Design Matrix instead of a normal Design, Production FMEA APQP and PPAP 3
D Would Design & Process FMEA (PCBA) be sufficient to fulfill requirement of Cl 7.1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2