QMS for Life Sciences
Elsmar Cove Forum Sponsor
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Design FMEA for Industrial Machinery

prephil

Involved In Discussions
I am the person responsible for creating DFMEAs and putting them together for industrial machines. When a design is about 80% complete in CAD, I analyses it bit by bit. I have built up a strong bank of items to watch out for based on experience (about 18 months) but I still feel there is plenty room for improvement.

Unfortunately, I have found it difficult to get buy-in from team members to contribute. Does anybody else do this sort of work. Looking to see if my work is up to scratch and am keen to view others work if they were willing. I can share my work also.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Perhaps you should arrange a little educational campaign for your peers. Research the field (end-use) complains and accidents record, and maybe put together a presentation showing the consequences of component-level failures and how they might have been prevented.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Have done this but like anything, if it doesn't come from the top down it won't get the backing.
Understood. Maybe try to begin the campaign at "the top"? Pick 3 prominent examples and cover in a 10 minutes (strict!) presentation. Give them some food for thought and maybe follow up after 1-2 weeks.
Guaranteed, if you don't have top management buy-in, you can't achieve much with anything. Reality 101.

Top Bottom