Design FMEA on just Product Families - Polyether and Polyester

M

Martin

I´ve got a bit of "problem" and wondered if someone could help me solve it.

We produce polyurethane foams, based on both polyether and polyester. But know I am looking at the FMEA´s and I wondered if it´s possible to make a design FMEA on just product families (polyether and polyesther). Or does QS9000 demand that you make a design FMEA on every single product.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance and greetings,
Martin

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

"Design FMEA? or ""Process FEMA"
(don't quote me on this one we're ISO not QS but....)
If all Process produce the same "family of designed result products" I would think a "Process" FMEA for all similar products would work...

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
If the designs are similar you can use a 'Family' design FMEA. You can also do process FMEAs on the processes themselves instead of on the product.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Examples of Design and Process FMEA for Pharmaceutical Product Development ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
P Design FMEA - Detection Rating criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 18
P Design FMEA for Industrial Machinery FMEA and Control Plans 3
Marc Definition DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
D Design FMEA for a component - Should I make the following assumptions? FMEA and Control Plans 7
D Do you need requirements for a Design FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 1
R Development of Design FMEA - Functional Requirements FMEA and Control Plans 1
K Determining Effect of Failure without a DFMEA (Design FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 1
Moncia Design FMEA - Where to Start FMEA and Control Plans 20
T Would a Leak be a Failure Mode on a Design FMEA? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
M Severity Reduction in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 25
G How to identify Key Characteristics (KC) in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
V Linking the FMEA Causes & Action Plan with DOE Experiments or Experimentation Design FMEA and Control Plans 1
C AIAG FMEA 4th Ed "Design Assumption" - I Need Examples FMEA and Control Plans 15
R DFMEA (Design FMEA) on Printed Circuit Boards (PCB's) FMEA and Control Plans 2
R Rear Axle Gear Group DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Example wanted FMEA and Control Plans 2
M ISO 14971 Risk Analysis and use of a DFMEA (Design FMEA) ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
A AIAG Design FMEA Severity Rankings - Noncompliance Government Regulation? FMEA and Control Plans 9
Chennaiite DFMEA (Design FMEA) at Vehicle Level - Some inputs needed. FMEA and Control Plans 4
V Biggest bottleneck/hurdle in Implementation of Effective Design FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Design FMEA, Process FMEA, Component FMEA --> FDA requirements? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 18
P Design FMEA (DFMEA) Basics - Help needed IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S DFMEA (Design FMEA) for a New Line Operation of the Underground Operation FMEA and Control Plans 10
T Electronic Assembly Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 6
V In Design FMEA, how to give Occurrence Rating? FMEA and Control Plans 4
michellemmm Reverse Engineering a Design FMEA using aerospace DFMEA guidelines FMEA and Control Plans 2
M What are Comfort and Convenience Items on a Design FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
K Design FMEA Detection Scoring - FMEA 3rd edition manual FMEA and Control Plans 7
R Use of Design and Process FMEA tools - Kitchen Cabinets Manufacturing Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
O Bulk Material PPAP - Design Matrix instead of a normal Design, Production FMEA APQP and PPAP 3
T DFMEA (Design FMEA) - We already have a PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 5
P Design FMEA (DFMEA) required on all products and their parts? Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
R Can a DFMEA (Design FMEA) effectively analyse design modifications? FMEA and Control Plans 12
C DFMEA (Design FMEA) and PFMEA (Process FMEA) - Who should lead? FMEA and Control Plans 14
A DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Occurance and Detection Ratings FMEA and Control Plans 2
B How to fill s/c and c/c in DFMEA (Design FMEA)? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
S DFMEA - Is a Design FMEA required? FMEA and Control Plans 3
M DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Trailers or any heavy vehicle design Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
D Would Design & Process FMEA (PCBA) be sufficient to fulfill requirement of Cl 7.1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
N How to Calculate RPN in Design FMEA (DFMEA) vs. Process FMEA (PFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 9
D Bulk Suppliers - Design FMEA Required? Aluminium ingots FMEA and Control Plans 10
M When to start a DFMEA (Design FMEA)? APQP and PPAP 2
K Could a good Design FMEA have prevented this? Death inside centrally locked car FMEA and Control Plans 6
B What is the meaning of the Occurrence in the DFMEA (Design FMEA)? FMEA and Control Plans 8
S FMEA Severity Rating - Will a Process Design Change also Change the Severity Rating? FMEA and Control Plans 21
R DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Document or Record? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Do you have any information about Design FMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 1
W DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Bulk Material - Resin for Plastic Injection Moulding FMEA and Control Plans 1
K DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Plastic Injection Molding FMEA and Control Plans 2