Design Review Documentation

A

AJPaton

Hullo,

I've gotten back into an engineering position with design functions. Our company is ISO certified, but the product line I'm on is new with a single customer. We're merging our system as much as possible with theirs, which complicates many lives, while simplifying our customer's.

This leaves us with a certain amount of flexibility at this time concerning design documentation. Especially design review in conjunction with contract review. (We're working closely with the customer to produce new designs.)

Any suggestions, warnings or insights on this? :mg: This is the first time I've been involved in such a cooperative venture between a customer and supplier.

Thanks,

AJP

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
F

FordIsoMan

Hi AJ,
I'm not sure I totally understand your situation, but... I don't understand why "merging your systems" gives you much more flexibility in design review. I understand it could give more flexibility in documentation.
For design rewiew you still have to accomplish the main objective which is to" verify that the design output matches the design input" or in other words "are all the requirements verified in the design/design process?". These questions should all be answered in a formal review by a multifunction team which can include the customer (better if it does). I usually get customer concurrence for the record that all requirements were verified. Hope this helps.

A

AJPaton

Sorry, didn't make myself clear.

Our documentation system is changing in the area of contract review and design review.

One customer is outsourcing a part of its manufacturing process. We are taking over more of the functions that were previously internal to their process.

Since the customer is ramping up we want to make this transition as painless as possible and keep the documentation styles similar.

We're experiencing some growing pains as we synch our old check and double check ordering system with the customer's original internal process.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks,

AJP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Design Transfer Review - Before or after PQ validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
M Does a CDR (Critical Design Review) have to have a moderator that is unconnected to the team? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
A What to expect in a Design Dossier Review for CE Marking by a Notified Body CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Annex II List A - Notified Body Fees - Design dossier review and batch release EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G ISO 14001 & Product Design Process Environmental Aspect Review Requirements ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
H How to make the Design Review Process Effective Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
H Form that will satisfy Design Review and Design Verification Requirements (7.3) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P Please Review my Design and Development Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
P How to separate Product Design Review, Verification, and Validation Activities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M 7.2.2 Review of Requirements Related to the Product (Design-Manufacturing Service) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M MHRA (Medical & Healthcare Regulatory Agency) Design Dossier Review Delays EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Time and Cost for a Notified Body to review a Design Dossier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Design and Development - Review vs. Verification vs. Validation Design and Development of Products and Processes 15
U Medical Device Design Review Records Requirements Design and Development of Products and Processes 16
kedarg6500 Manufacturing Process Design and Development Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S Checklist for RA and QA Review of DVT (design verification test) for Software Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
R Who should document the Design Review Meeting and Design History File? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
T Design Review Checklist for an Electrical Engineering Consultancy Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
A QSR (820.30 part e) Design Review and Design Control Responsibilities 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
M Manufacturing Process Design and Development Review - TS 16949 Clause 7.3.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
S Design Review: Can I exclude Custom Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q ISO 9001:2008 - 7.3.7 - Review of Evaluation of Design and Development Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Design Review Checklist Format Example wanted Design and Development of Products and Processes 16
A Design Review OR Design Change - Software development company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q Supplier Design Review Worksheet from a customer Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
M Design Review/Dimensional Analysis feasibility program or spreadsheet? Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
S Engineering Design Review minutes as Verification & Validation Records Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
J Design Review Participants - Medical Devices - Question Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
S Enhanced Design Review section - ISPE Commisioning and Qualification Guide Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
K Review of Design Dossier Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
B When is a Design Review required? - ISO9001:2000 Clause 7.3 Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
R Medical Device Product Requirements Document (PRD) a "Design Review"? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
M Document Review Audit Findings - Design and Process Approach Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
P What results of a design review are documented in a DHF? Design and Development of Products and Processes 9
J DRBFM (Design Review Based on Failure Mode) - Toyota method Design and Development of Products and Processes 46
1 Design Review Process - Need a step by step methodology Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
H Design and Development Review 7.3.4 - Planned intervals for outputs and validation Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
Y ISO 9001 Design & Development - 7.3.4 Review, 7.3.5 Verify, 7.3.6 Validate Design and Development of Products and Processes 30
B Design - Simple System - ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 - Review vs. Verification vs. Validation Design and Development of Products and Processes 12
Z Reliability and Maintainability Design Review Guidelines Design and Development of Products and Processes 0
Z Appropriate Content for Design Review Documents Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
K Design Review Checklists Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
LostLouie Manufacturer divorced from Design process, is he justified in design process deficiencies? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R DFA & DFM - Examples for Design for assembly and design for manufacturability Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
D Using Laboratory Notebooks in R&D and Design and Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D ISO 13485 - 7.3.6 Design and development verification - Do most folks create a separate SOP? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Joint approval between OEM and Manufacturer on Design Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M API 4F/7K/8C Design Package Validation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
A Design History File - Not ready to share the design drawings or Bill of Material US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2