Design Transfer Review - Before or after PQ validation?

Chef100

Involved In Discussions
Hi
At my company we do a Design transfer review. Should this be done before or after PQ validation?
Looking forward to hear your thoughts

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
Normally your Design and Development procedure should specify what are the deliverables for each milestone before a formal design review. It can be both ways, but I tend to think "after". This way the design review could conclude that we are good to go for commercial production.

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource
It might depend on whether your PQ batches are going to be sold. Either way, you should complete the Design Transfer Review before any product is shipped for sale.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
It can be both ways, but I tend to think "after". This way the design review could conclude that we are good to go for commercial production.
That would sometimes mean that the commercial production setup was run and qualified (PQ) without first reviewing and ensuring that a proper transfer has taken place.
I would advise for one review before Validation begins, and another after it ends. Assuming that the outcomes are satisfactory, the latter can be very near the end of the D&D project, not necessarily right after the Validation, and can be another means of ensuring that the project has concluded properly and as intended.

Chef100

Involved In Discussions
I think also you could argue for both. The more precise question is properly when the DMR should be ready...

Top Bottom