Designing and building our own machines

R

Rosana

Hi everybody

I am working in a company that designs its products and also we design and build the machines to make our products.
Do I need to do something to meet with the ISO/TS requirements? if there is any requirement about this what is it?

Thanks in advance :bigwave:

Rosana

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Rosana

I see nobody can help me with this. Any idea where I can find information about this?

Thanks

Rosana

D

D.Scott

Rosa - depending on the industry you are in, you may be required to comply with various requirements. If for example you are in automotive, you may need QS or 16949 which has a lot on not only product but process design. ISO 9001:2000 which probably applies in most industries has similar requirements.

Without knowing the details, I would say yes, you definately need to meet certain requirements if your customers are expecting you to be ISO compliant.

Dave

S
If the equipment that you are building is used ti verify/validate the product you are selling it will require calibration. This is a basic requirement of any quality system.
Since you are talking TS I will assume you are automotive, in which case you would be required to submit a PPAP. Re-submittal would be required if you made changes to any of the machines that you have designed for the particular product.
The real question: is this machine required to build your product or can I buy an off-the-shelf machine and do the same thing. You may need to address this question with your STA.

R

Rosana

Dave and Sam

Thank you for answering.

The company where I am working makes brakes for trucks. I started working from almost nothing in quality and we would like to certify ISO/TS 16949:2002.
The company makes the products and when the customer asks for something different then we have, the eng. department designs it.
We design machines and we buy machines from the store. In same cases we design machines that we can find in the store. In other cases we have to design because we don't have a choice.
Like you said Sam, I need to submit a PPAP for every machine I design and if I make changes to it I need to re-submit.
Where are those requirements in the Standard?
What else do I need to do?
I am new to this standard so it is hard to find many of the details.

Thanks in advance for answering

Rosana

S
Rosana,
Refer to the third edition PPAP manual tables 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3 for the standard requirements for re-submittal and to section II of the same for customer specific requirements.
Also, refer to 7.3.6.3. This gives you leeway to negotiate the product and process approval process with your STA

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Designing & Building a Solid waste disposal facility ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
S Earthing of moving parts, designing tips IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
J Designing new gauge tracking software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Leadership Role in Designing QMS - Upper Management Support Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
S Designing the experiment with minimum run Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
S Designing the experiment with minimum run Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
B Designing a Sampling Plan - AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 19
F Designing a Hollow Medical Device for Autoclavability Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
Claes Gefvenberg Designing Supplier Questionnaire Forms Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 25
M Designing a Quality Assurance and Control System Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P Sheet Metal Design: Standard method for designing Electrical Knockouts Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
N Designing an attribute MSA for a new piece of metrology equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
R Line Balance Simulation when Designing a New Production Line Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
D Designing a Training Course called "Role of the Laboratory Quality Manager" Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
A Designing a Documents Control System from scratch (in a php intranet) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K Designing a gauge to check the Axis of Snorkel of Axles Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
A Designing a Closed Loop Water System using Adiabatic Cooling Towers Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
R AS9100C Clause 7.3 Design & Development - Designing a System and Procedures AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S API Std 620 vs. API 650 standard? Which is the least restrictive in designing a tank? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Designing an Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
M Designing a Nonconformance Management Process Nonconformance and Corrective Action 35
Q Are there any threads specifically concerned with designing with AutoCAD? Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
P Designing a "part-specific" Receiving Gauge - Gauge first or job? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Designing Control Charts - Variable with Small Variation and Tight Control Limit Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 20
C Designing control chart for non-normal variables Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Is the Assembly of the Prototype after Designing considered a Production Process? Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
M Designing a scope for APQP Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
B Designing a Test Part to Assess CMM Operator's Knowledge Design and Development of Products and Processes 9
D Designing an ISO 9001 Internal Audit Training Course - Need Help Internal Auditing 6
S Project Management QMS - Manufacturing and Designing of Special Purposed Machines Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
L Categories for data collection - Designing a form for when errors occur Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J Designing a Mil-Std-105 or ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 49
V Designing an integrated ISO 9000 - ISO 14000 System in a Big Marine Port Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
S US Success in Designing & Manufacturing World-Class Goods Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
Claes Gefvenberg Document control applications - Be very wary about designing your own Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
O Need documentation - Designing a data acquisition system for the enviromental chamber Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
JAMESH Building a "Lean" Job Shop Training Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
DuncanGibbons FAA's Building Block approach to certification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
John Broomfield Informational Chartered Institute of Building - Code on Quality Management Service Industry Specific Topics 2
J Facilities - Placing our assembly group into a separate building ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
T FAI (First Article Inspection) of Large Assemblies/Tooling after move to new building AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
A Process moved to new building - Now we are in trouble IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M Building Production / Manufacturing Facility for Class 2 Medical Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
H Two Business Units Combined in the same Building ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
L Building your own Leakage Current Tester IEC60990 Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
C Acceleration Calculation - Building Vibration Requirements Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R How much Protective Current Rating of Building Branch Circuit should be considered? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
K Building Heavy Pollution Factory next to Medical Device Factory (ISO 13485) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6