Detail info on CMMI - Capability Maturity Model Integration for Software

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
V

venkat - 2011

CMM assessment

Dear Sir

Our organisation has been rcommended for ISO 9001:2000 certification. We woud like to go for CMM asssessment - level 5 nine months from now. IS there any restriction on time?

Is there any rule or stipulation that we should go for level 4 and then level 5 ?

If we want to go for level 4, is it possible within 6 months

Can readers enlighten me on this

V

venkat - 2011

Now that the CMM standards are changing to CMMI I would like to know the names of the persons involved in consulting and assessment for CMMI. I have checked the site - sei.cmm.edu and found only a couple of names in India who are authorised to do the consulting and assessment. May be the details are not updated. May I kindly request the forum members to post the names of other persons in India who does consulting and assessment for CMMI

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Does anyone know why the change was made from CMM to CMMI? Was this a 'confusion' issue or did some of the foundations or other aspects change?

T

tomvehoski

CMM dealt only with software. CMMI includes the integration of software with system/hardware. Basically an increase in scope as I understand it. I've only been through some preliminary training on CMMI so far. I do see that it is highly redundant with some areas of ISO/QS/TS. There is a comparison document on the SEI website. If anyone is interested I can find the link.

Tom

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Is CMM dead or do both CMM and CMMI co-exist?

Sure - A link to a comparison source would be appreciated!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M AS9102B Detail Part/Assembly FAI Form 1 box 13; AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
T Design Input detail & specificity ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Risk Analysis & Technical File - What detail goes in the Risk Management Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
L AS9102 Form 1 Section 13 Detail or Assembly Question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M FAI Requirements of Detail and Assembly AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P ISO 9001:2015 4.2 and 6.1 - Interested Parties - How much detail is required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
P What is a Tooling Detail form? APQP and PPAP 2
T 510k Level of Detail Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
P Development and Approval of New Products - Procedure Length and Detail Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D AS9102 FAI - Detail vs Assembly FAI (Form 1, Box 13) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
T ISMS (Information Security Management System) Task Flow Chart in 'Detail' IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
R Level of Detail in a Quality Manual vs. a Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M Quality Procedures - General Detail Level and Record Keeping Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Q Document Control Procedure - Too much detail? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
H Calibration Procedure Level of Detail - ISO Procedure question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
M Applying EN 62304 - Medical Device Software Architecture - Level of Detail IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 21
A Quality Control vs. Quality Assurance in detail with example? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How much detail in DHR (Device History Record) is too much? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A Identification and Traceability down to the smallest detail of the component AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
P Separating "Shall" requirements from "Should" detail ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
N Quality Program Plan - How much detail does the customer want? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
J Level of Technical Detail of Technical File Submission ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Quality System Process Map - Is this too detailed or not enough detail? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 77
B Shop Traveler/Router Detail Required Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
R Level of detail required - Results of Corrective, Preventive Action ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Control of Detail Prints Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
U PPAP and AQAP Training - I really want to learn PPAP, APQP, and QS-9000 in detail Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K ISO 14001:2004 - 4.3.2 Legal & Other Requirements - Level of detail expected ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 18
M 8.2.4 Monitor and Measure Question - Re: Sub-Assemblies and Level of Detail Required ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R Updated Process FMEA: How much detail? Closure of an External Corrective Action FMEA and Control Plans 3
V References instead of Detail - Control Method and Reaction Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
C What is acceptable quality manual content? How much detail to put in here? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 25
K Supplier Audits - How far do we have to go? How much detail? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
D Showing Interrelationships - How Much Detail? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
I Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
S Detail Required in Documented Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
J FMEA Level of Detail - Is the registrar's auditor correct? FMEA and Control Plans 1
W Control Plan Content Requirements - Level of Detail FMEA and Control Plans 25
D Quality plans - How much detail is required? What is typically included? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S MDR Annex II Design & Manufacturing info - 'Adjuvants' definition EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Marc Google - New Privacy Info - July 2016 World News 3
M List of Contact Info for Asian Regulatory Authorities Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
H Any info on Forensic IVD market in India ? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
somashekar Info about a specific federal regulation - End use and end user information Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
U-DOG Root Cause for a Form not having all info (traceability standard and the gage number) Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 14
S How to Capture Low Volume Process Info? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
M Device Identification (UDI): How to avoid redundant info? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
S Major Changes in Indian H&S Legislation - Info. for Indian Covers Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 0