Detail info on CMMI - Capability Maturity Model Integration for Software

A

Amit Mishra

Can i have to-the-point,specific and detailed information and links about CMM,

V

venkat - 2011

CMM assessment

Dear Sir

Our organisation has been rcommended for ISO 9001:2000 certification. We woud like to go for CMM asssessment - level 5 nine months from now. IS there any restriction on time?

Is there any rule or stipulation that we should go for level 4 and then level 5 ?

If we want to go for level 4, is it possible within 6 months

Can readers enlighten me on this

V

venkat - 2011

Now that the CMM standards are changing to CMMI I would like to know the names of the persons involved in consulting and assessment for CMMI. I have checked the site - sei.cmm.edu and found only a couple of names in India who are authorised to do the consulting and assessment. May be the details are not updated. May I kindly request the forum members to post the names of other persons in India who does consulting and assessment for CMMI

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does anyone know why the change was made from CMM to CMMI? Was this a 'confusion' issue or did some of the foundations or other aspects change?

T

tomvehoski

CMM dealt only with software. CMMI includes the integration of software with system/hardware. Basically an increase in scope as I understand it. I've only been through some preliminary training on CMMI so far. I do see that it is highly redundant with some areas of ISO/QS/TS. There is a comparison document on the SEI website. If anyone is interested I can find the link.

Tom

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Is CMM dead or do both CMM and CMMI co-exist?

Sure - A link to a comparison source would be appreciated!

Top Bottom