Developing TS-16949 Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Example and Advice

T

TownDawg

Regarding the requirement to perform "system audits" -- I see fifteen areas of emphasis to begin the work of developing an "Internal Audit Schedule".

• Avoiding the elemental approach, and trying to look at processes, I'd like to schedule more time to those areas which are more complex, and therefore require more questions to fully explore the level of implementation/excellence.

• I've factored in the additional "process audits". We have eight zones in assembly, and two zones in press.

• I'd like to conduct most audits within a 45 minute time-limit, as to lessen disruptions to our normal daily product realization efforts.

Does anyone have a sample internal audit schedule that could provide some guidance?

Area of Emphasis % Allocation
Continuous Improvement 1%
Corrective and Preventive Action 2%
Customer Satisfaction 1%
Design and Development - 1 9%
Design and Development - 2 9%
Document Control and Control Of Records 3%
Internal Audit 2%
Internal Lab 1%
Management Responsibility and High Level Data - 1 7%
Management Responsibility and High Level Data - 2 7%
Materials and Suppliers 3%
Measuring Devices 4%
Planning Process Design - 1 9%
Planning Process Design - 2 9%
Preventive and Predictive Maintenance 1%
Product Realization - 1 8%
Product Realization - 2 8%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 1) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 2) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 3) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 4) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 5) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 6) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 7) 1%
Product Realization (Assy - Cell 8) 1%
Product Realization (Press - Zone 1) 1%
Product Realization (Press - Zone 2) 1%
Resource Management 2%
Tooling Management 1%

I'm sure I could just lay it all out on a spreadsheet, but I was wondering if anyone had a scheduling methodology they were particularly proud of?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Dave Johnson

audit spreadsheet

TownDawg
attached is the schedule we used for our last internal audit. It worked well for us (cut the time from 1 week to 1 day.
Hope it gives you some ideas.
daj

Attachments

S

Shaun Daly

TownDawg,

Our QMS system is broken down into 14 processes.

Each process has a turtle & process map.

Some processes have more than 1 shift.

Attached is our QMS audit plan.

We are also starting to audit manufacturing processes. These are more control plan specific.

I have also attached our Manufacturing Process Audit Plan.

Hope this provides a comparison for you.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I

ISOPete

Shaun,
Is there any chance of you posting one of your process maps and turtles for view? Would like a comparison pkiece to what we are doing here. Much obliged.
Pete

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Shaun Daly said:
TownDawg,

Our QMS system is broken down into 14 processes.

Each process has a turtle & process map.

Some processes have more than 1 shift.

Attached is our QMS audit plan.

We are also starting to audit manufacturing processes. These are more control plan specific.

I have also attached our Manufacturing Process Audit Plan.

Hope this provides a comparison for you.
TownDawg,

Your work is impressive. Would you explain the various markings on your QMS Audit Plan (e.g., A, B, C, checkmarks).

Thanks,
Doug

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
TownDawg said:
Shawn is the one who posted the "impressive" work -- wasn't me!

Here's the schedule I came up with tho..
Sorry about that! :eek: :truce:

Shaun,

Was there a Legend or Key for the schedule you created?

Thanks,
Doug

S

Shaun Daly

Douglas,

Thanks for the comments. "Praise from the praiseworthy is above all value".

Key is nothing too complicated.

The letters on the plan denote a particular shift.

Ticks indicate in which month a process is scheduled to be audited.

On the previous paper controlled copy I used to note down audit dates in each box & draw little arrows to the month box for the follow-up audit date.

I dont have any fedback from our assessment body on whether we can do that with electronic documents yet.

Sorry Dave B, :D

I do appreciate the expert knowledge that consultants bring, its just that IMHO our (my) previous format was better (The Audit Plan is mine, all mine!!), but Top Management will have their way.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Getting Involved in Consensus Process of Developing ISO/TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Q Storing and developing SAMD (Software as a Medical Device) in the Cloud IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
D Co-developing a new medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Root cause analysis - The system of developing a work instruction is not effective Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
L Problems while documenting the SOUPs used for the software we are developing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
A Developing a ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule Internal Auditing 40
D Developing an Umbrella Management System Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
R Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 53
Richard Regalado Sample Plan for Developing an ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 3
D Developing a Supplier Risk Matrix Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
M Developing a new Plating Vendor - What software to track certifications Software Quality Assurance 2
T Need help developing an ECO (Engineering Change order) procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Developing an AS9100 Internal Auditor Training Program AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
AnaMariaVR2 Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: free course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
F Developing a Robust MSA Program - over 35,000 gages in 1 million square ft. facility Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
T Developing Reward Programs for Employees Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
H Identifying Potential Automotive Suppliers before Developing New Products Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
S Developing Documentation and Defining Processes as Subcontractor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Developing Technology and Equipment to Manufacture Clients Product - Can exclude 7.3? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
B Developing a Segment-Based Customer Service Benchmarking 6
B Developing a Queue Management Procedure - Need some help writing a Proposal Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
Sidney Vianna ISO 9001 - Its Relevance and Impact in Asian Developing Economies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
R Developing a c = 0 Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
AnaMariaVR2 Preparing for the RAC Examination -- Developing an RAC Study Plan Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
P Developing a Counterfeit Parts Prevention Program AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
L Developing a QMS Manual for AS9100 and ISO 9001 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
Q Developing a Sampling Plan for a New Product Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
L Developing an Access ECO Tracking Database - Need help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
P Developing Performance Standards - ISO 14630:2008? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
P Developing a SOW for Entire Site Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J Developing Plans for Corrective Actions for Audit Non-Conformities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Developing a Career Plan Career and Occupation Discussions 5
A Policy for Suppliers - Developing a Supplier Policy Document ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Developing your own personal "Body of Knowledge" document. Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
K Developing an TL 9000 Audit Checklist - Help required TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 2
E Developing the Essential Requirements Checklist - Identifying Requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
N ISO 9001 and the HR Function - Developing a Total Quality Management System for HR ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
B ISO Clause Reference for Developing Common Customer Service Standards ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Developing a CPI for First Pass Yield Final Inspection - Need help Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
M Developing a Medical Device Audit Checklist 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
A Developing HR (Human Resources) Policies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Developing a Position Grade for Employee Suggestions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B Developing In-House Calibration Capacities General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Developing Petrochemical Company Processes - Help needed Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
S I need help in developing a Center of Excellence Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Input Requirement Document for developing Product Presentation by Multimedia Solution Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Developing the Risk Management Plan - Risk Management Policy and Objectives ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 25
O Developing a QMS for biomedical start up company which only does R&D? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5