DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Bulk Material - Resin for Plastic Injection Moulding

W

wcsf - 2008

Hi all, Kindly provide your comment and experience. If I am a bulk material supplier to auto-chain (i.e resin for plastic injection moulding), do I need to do a DFMEA? As per PPAP 3rd ed. this is not applicable. There are also a lot of items listed in this 3rd ed indicating that not applicable to us. But this manual is from AIAG (i.e. big 3). How about my situation?? Thank You.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
wcsf said:
Hi all, Kindly provide your comment and experience. If I am a bulk material supplier to auto-chain (i.e resin for plastic injection moulding), do I need to do a DFMEA? As per PPAP 3rd ed. this is not applicable. There are also a lot of items listed in this 3rd ed indicating that not applicable to us. But this manual is from AIAG (i.e. big 3). How about my situation?? Thank You.
If the DFMEA process might be useful, you should do it regardless of what your customers require. On the other hand, if the only reason you have for doing it is that it's a customer requirement, then you already have your answer. What do your customers say?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1
Marc Definition DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
K Determining Effect of Failure without a DFMEA (Design FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 1
M Severity Reduction in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 25
G How to identify Key Characteristics (KC) in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
R DFMEA (Design FMEA) on Printed Circuit Boards (PCB's) FMEA and Control Plans 2
R Rear Axle Gear Group DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Example wanted FMEA and Control Plans 2
M ISO 14971 Risk Analysis and use of a DFMEA (Design FMEA) ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
Chennaiite DFMEA (Design FMEA) at Vehicle Level - Some inputs needed. FMEA and Control Plans 4
P Design FMEA (DFMEA) Basics - Help needed IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S DFMEA (Design FMEA) for a New Line Operation of the Underground Operation FMEA and Control Plans 10
T Electronic Assembly Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 6
michellemmm Reverse Engineering a Design FMEA using aerospace DFMEA guidelines FMEA and Control Plans 2
T DFMEA (Design FMEA) - We already have a PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 5
P Design FMEA (DFMEA) required on all products and their parts? Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
R Can a DFMEA (Design FMEA) effectively analyse design modifications? FMEA and Control Plans 12
C DFMEA (Design FMEA) and PFMEA (Process FMEA) - Who should lead? FMEA and Control Plans 14
A DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Occurance and Detection Ratings FMEA and Control Plans 2
B How to fill s/c and c/c in DFMEA (Design FMEA)? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
S DFMEA - Is a Design FMEA required? FMEA and Control Plans 3
M DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Trailers or any heavy vehicle design Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
N How to Calculate RPN in Design FMEA (DFMEA) vs. Process FMEA (PFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 9
M When to start a DFMEA (Design FMEA)? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the meaning of the Occurrence in the DFMEA (Design FMEA)? FMEA and Control Plans 8
R DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Document or Record? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Plastic Injection Molding FMEA and Control Plans 2
T Ballpoint Pen DFMEA (Design FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 13
L Special Characteristics in DFMEA (Design FMEA) - Carry over to PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 9
Y Design (DFMEA) and Process (PFMEA) FMEA Failure Mode Identification Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
S Control Plan and Design FMEA (DFMEA) Links FMEA and Control Plans 4
G DFMEA buy-in strategies for Design Engineers APQP and PPAP 22
Shawn Mosby DFMEA when the supplier doesn't have design responsibility APQP and PPAP 14
C Design for Assembly in DFMEA - Failure Effect of Sub-System(s) FMEA and Control Plans 5
M DFMEA and its linkage to Design Verification FMEA and Control Plans 1
J Selection Matrix for DFMEA Focus in New Product Design FMEA and Control Plans 7
T DME (design margin evaluation) vs. DFMEA Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
A Commerical off the shelf items (COTS) in DFMEA's (Design FMEAs) FMEA and Control Plans 5
M 7.3.2.2 - Process Design in Remanufacturing - Registration Finding for no DFMEA Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
G Detection Rating in Design FMEAs (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
Casana DFMEA Design Control response FMEA and Control Plans 4
DuncanGibbons Best practice for identifying "items" of parts for DFMEA analysis AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
Q Is that any difficulty to do software DFMEA and PFMEA in ISO 13485? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
Jimmy123 Handling nonfunctional requirements in DFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5
Jimmy123 P-Diagram vs DFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
C Function definition for DFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 1
optomist1 DFMEA - Real Life Drama FMEA and Control Plans 25
optomist1 Share a DFMEA template please Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P Detection rating for a user (surgeon) related failure mode in DFMEA APQP and PPAP 3
T DFMEA/PFMEA and SCCAF alignment FMEA and Control Plans 19