Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

DFMEA / PFMEA linkage - Where in the standards do I find it?

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
Is there any requirement (current or upcoming) for suppliers to have access to customer's DFMEA in order to complete their PFMEA? I know it's a "best practice", but not all customers are willing to share them.

If so, where in the standards do I find it?

Dears,

we are trying to use the special characteristics Matrix as a way to link the DFMEA to the PFMEA. Anyone has the experience how to create such a matrix using the IQ RM software from APIS?

Cheers

SQ_Joe

Involved In Discussions
The DFMEA is eventually documented in Solid models, prints, requirement and shipping documents, etc.

Create your layout requirement list (required for PPAP anyway) of all of the requirements.

Place this list on the left-hand side of the "worksheet". Across the top side list the processes which will be used to create each requirement.

Move the process orders around to make since for you to produce the final product. You have created a matrix of product requirements to process actions. In the FMEA manual this is referred to as the Characteristic Matrix.

Now, on the matrix identify the intersections of the requirement and its producing process. There may be more than one process.

Then, use the AIAG PFMEA form "H" and enter the product requirement and its producing process. The process step number is developed by sequentially numbering the process as re-arranged on the top of the matrix. Identified Critical and Significant Characteristics in the product requirement documents carry over to the Process FMEA Criticalities in addition to Operational Sfety and Sugnificant identified in the PFMEA.

AP1

Registered
Is there any requirement (current or upcoming) for suppliers to have access to customer's DFMEA in order to complete their PFMEA? I know it's a "best practice", but not all customers are willing to share them.

If so, where in the standards do I find it?
I was pulled on an audit for not having a copy of the DFMEA but don't recall where the requirement for having a copy came from. I tend to email the customer and just file a copy of the request as evidence should one not materialise.

Top Bottom