Did Blackout 2003 Affect You

B

Bob_M

NO Effect Here!

Other than non stop coverage for a few hours, no real disruption in ILL.
----------------
Considering they don't know what the real cause/source is yet, its quite impressive that they could out right declare that it was NOT a t e r r o r i s t attack...

Obviously the "man" needed to keep the population calm, but how could they have honestly declared that so quickly?

:truce: OK enough political crud for me!

A

Aaron Lupo

Spoke to my brother in Detroit and they still have no power.

I am waiting for the first story to come out that it is Bushs fault! :biglaugh:

E

energy

It's already started

ISO GUY said:
I am waiting for the first story to come out that it is Bushs fault!

If not his fault, anything will do. What do you think this is? See Below....Not very credible, but then again, none of them are! :vfunny:

Bob_M said:
Obviously the "man" needed to keep the population calm, but how could they have honestly declared that (No terrorism) so quickly?
:bigwave:

M

mooser

We had very little problems in our area. But I did my part by conserving energy by having Hot Dogs and marshmallows on an open fire at twilight. The kids thought it was the greatest thing since peanut butter sandwichs. My wife & I enjoyed ourselves as well.

Mooser

A

Aaron Lupo

To be honest with you terrosim was the furthest thing from my mind. The last time we had a major power outage in my area was due to some moron flipping the wrong switch and realizing 2 days later what he did. I figured something similar had happened until I heard that it was due to old equipment that should have been replaced years ago.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Thought we might get to join the fun for a while as it went westward through Michigan. Then I heard we are on a different grid. Today our papers are crying for new and updated equipment.

Wish all those affected the best!!

Bill

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
mooser said:
My wife & I enjoyed ourselves as well.

Ahem...well...some folks *are* predicting a baby boom nine months from now. ;)

Still no power at my house, but my folks' place has it, so I'm heading over there for the night to keep cool.

A new theory has come out of the woodwork, indicating that it was indeed a Canadian incident. In retribution for soft wood lumber and beef bans, we decided to pull the plug on your power supply. Of course, we made this decision after one too many beer and accidently affected our own power, too. :bonk:

R

RosieA

Power went out at work about 4:00 yesterday...at first we thought it was local, but I live 60 miles away and by the time I got home, it was clear that it was not local. No major work problems, other than a 500 hour thermal test that got interrupted.

Power came back on at my house sometime between 3 and 4 AM. I'm with RC, it was nice to have a relaxed night with no expectations or stresses.

The same cannot be said of my oldest son, who works in lower Manhattan and lives in Brooklyn. He had to walk home, and it took about 5 hours.

Our neighbors have a recent college grad who has been hired by Citicorp in Queens and they were down in NYC yesterday apartment hunting. Welcome to the Big Apple! :vfunny:

E

energy

Relaxing

RosieA said:
I'm with RC, it was nice to have a relaxed night with no expectations or stresses.

I am always in awe of how dark and quiet it is inside the house and outside, when power is disrupted. True, once the candles are lit and there is some noise put back into the equation, it is very nice. Except, the phones keep working. But, those first few seconds when our world goes black makes me want to do dumpies! :biglaugh: :smokin:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Before - After

You know, there were still a lot of lights on.

Photo 1: Before.
Photo 2: Someone stopped cranking this.
Photo 3: The result...

Attachments

• Did Blackout 2003 Affect You
    blackout081403-20hrsbefore.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 388
    handc.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 244
    blackout081503-7hrsafter.jpg