Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.
  • Google has changed ad sizes for some reason. I am investigating and will get the sizes reduced to what they have been until now. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Difference between Control Plan and SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)

S

swapnilmarne

Hello,
Myself swapnil,

Can anybody tell me the difference in control plan and standard operating procedure .?
Pls attach samples of both if uhave any.

:confused:

K

kdsaggi

Re: Difference between control plan and SOP

Dear Mr. Swapnil,

SOP means Standard Operating Procedure, and Control Plan is a whole plan to control a manufacturing unit, SOP is also a part of Control Plan.

there are many types of Control in a manufacturing unit like Document control, Process control, personnel control etc.

In SOP, defined the standard procedure of each and every work in the plant or unit.

Hello,
Myself swapnil,

Can anybody tell me the difference in control plan and standard operating procedure .?

S

swapnilmarne

Re: Difference between control plan and SOP

Dear sir,
Thanks for the above info,But still i am having some doubts ,
If i ve to prepapre control plan for assembly line which is having 10 assly stations , and SOP for each station ,
then how the control plan is supposed to be ?
I mean , whether it will cover only processes or the details also..

D

DEVENDER MUDGAL

Hello,
Myself swapnil,

Dear swapnil,

there is a wide difference in between SOP and CONTROL PLAN ,

control plan is a standardized document for controlling the variation in process and product for a manufecturing system .

and SOP is named as a workinstruction that mean how to perform a work so that the variation will be minimum.

S

swapnilmarne

Hi DEVENDER ,
thanks for your inputs to my post.
It helped me a lot to distinguish between two..
thanks again

Swapnil

Randy

Super Moderator
Nice advice from everyone, but here's the real deal...it doesn't really matter what anything is called as long as people know what's being talked about. I visit different organizations all the time who use their own terms and language and I couldn't care less as long as they understand and can tell me what they mean.

Don't get all wrapped around the axle worrying over nits. Spend your time on real issues.

Top Bottom