Difference between COPC (Customer Operations Performance Center) & ISO 9001 Standard

C

chandrahasan

Hello All,

While I was engaged in an Internal Audit, I was asked this question by an Auditee " What is the Difference between COPC & ISO 9001 " I never expected this question, however I managed to give my understanding on the subject - " Operations certification program examines if and how well the business function is performing against a set of standards drawn from best practices in the industry. With operations certification you must not only know what you are doing but you also must document how you do it, rightly or wrongly." was for COPC

" The ISO 9001 standard covers quality system establishment, documentation, management, infrastructure, monitoring and measurement. This includes quality staffing and work environments. Plz Let me know in laymans terms what is the diff between the two Standards that I am yet to understand.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Difference between COPC & ISO 9001 Standard

I don't know what "COPC" is. A quick look here yielded these possibilities, and I'm guessing that maybe the last one is what you're referring to:

COPC Central Order Processing Center
COPC Chemical of Potential Concern
CoPC Code of Professional Conduct
COPC Command Privilege Code
COPC Community Outreach Partnership Center
COPC Community-Oriented Primary Care
COPC Constituent of Potential Concern (EPA)
COPC Contaminant of Potential Concern
COPC Customer Operation Performance Center

C

chandrahasan

Hello Jim,
Thank you for the response you have posted. COPC, Customer Operations Performance Center, primarily awarded to Call Centers across the globe checks for Customer Satisfaction and ISO includes Customer Requirements such as Identifying and meeting customer requirements and enhancing customer satisfaction. Given this state, I would like to know what is the basic diff that sets these two standards apart ??

S

Siony

Actually I am COPC Registered Coordinator and at the same time I am in to ISO 9000, I'd say they compliment each other.

COPC as a performance management system is more inclined to setting and meeting performance targets. It is not so particular with it documentation approach as compared to the ISO which is a total quality management system.

If we compare the different components of each standard, we can note that ISO's coverage is comprehensive as it covers all aspects of operations while COPC focuses on aspects which are enables company to achieve good performance.

G

GaryBC

Re: Difference between COPC (Customer Operations Performance Center) & ISO 9001 Stand

I know it's an old thread but it seems to address the question I'm faced with.
Namely, when setting up a 9001 based QMS from scratch, am I better off complying with COPC (www.copc.com)? Or the ISO10000 series (10004 I believe)?

Top Bottom