Re: Difference Between Tier 1, 2, and 3 Suppliers
need some help with this:
1. Mine is a paint manufacturing company. We supply paints to the automotive as well as the parts (bumper, etc) manufactures. Does this make us tier 1 or tier 2 supplier?
2. How about our suppliers (solvent, resin, pigments, colourant)? are they tier 3 suppliers?
3. What level of PPAP submission should i ask from my suppliers?
4. According to our consultant, we can create our own PPAP format for our suppliers. Since all our suppliers are "catalog chemicals' suppliers (im not sure how to call it, but these are additives, pigments, resins, etc) we have asked them provide the MSDS, TSDS together with COA. is it sufficient? or do i need to ask them for other info?
5. Currently we are facing difficulties as most of our solvent suppliers are traders and not manufacturers. I was shocked to learn that they get the supplies from a few manufacturers (and sometimes traders). and these depends on who offers them the best price at the time. So, my boss suggested that we ask them to submit all the COA's from their manufacturers or suppliers to qualify/approve. My question is, is it acceptable to have a few COA for the same material? also, can we have a few suppliers for the same material?
Apologies if similar questions have been posted before. I could not find all the answers i was looking for from other threads that i went through.Thanks for your help.