Different websites for different markets - FDA, Health Canada or other requirements

med_cert

Involved In Discussions
If we have different approvals (different intended use, indications for use) on different markets, should we have different websites for each specific market (which is different than "international") or the disclaimer/footnote on the webside (draft example: "...this website is for EU... for countries where specific national approvals or clereances are required some applications may not have been cleared yet...please check by the manufacturer or your national regulatory body to find the applications that are available for sale and use...") should be sufficient?

Does anyone know any requirement (FDA, Health Canada or others) related to this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
As you recognise, you have to be careful about advertising claims that you do not have approval for in that market.

I would suggest a site with location based IP lookup to push people to the correct part of the site and an initial tab at the top that says that "we have detected that you are in Europe - please click here to change this and to ensure that you receive information appropriate to your location"

The only requirement is that you must not make claims that are not approved, how you do that i believe is at your descretion. By having a footnote saying that some claims have not cleared yet I personally think is still at risk of suggesting your are still promoting the off label use; also, authorities may take the view that the footnote is too small and non obvious

med_cert

Involved In Discussions
As you recognise, you have to be careful about advertising claims that you do not have approval for in that market.

I would suggest a site with location based IP lookup to push people to the correct part of the site and an initial tab at the top that says that "we have detected that you are in Europe - please click here to change this and to ensure that you receive information appropriate to your location"

The only requirement is that you must not make claims that are not approved, how you do that i believe is at your descretion
And you believe the footnote would not be sufficient? Where is the limit then? We sell our devices in more than 50 countries... many of them have some specifics...

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
My comment was a personal opinion and not fully grounded in verifiable legislation/guidance. Your original post mentioned FDA who I know to be quite strict on marketing claims and where I wouldn't want to rock the boat too much. However if you are in 50 countries, I'm sure some of them are less strict

I do not know what your product is or how your website works, however in the past I have used a database with each claim as a record and then an entry as to whether the claim is suitable for which markets

When the content is pulled, the website filters out any claim that is not suitable for the relevent market. It's relatively trivial to implement

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R Yield Plot for different groupings Using Minitab Software 3
R IEC 60601-1 - Different methods of achievement of the isolation IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
T Defining sampling plan for different AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
F How do you add accuracies for tools with different measurement devices? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Does any here use an internal auditing tool that works on different platforms? Internal Auditing 3
H What is different between PED certificate and CPR certificate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R QMS Standard appilications on different Defense Sector Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
A Statistical Analysis - Check if these organisms at different concentrations affect the growth of wheat seedlings Using Minitab Software 4
M Different procedure templates for different standards - We have two different management systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Identical Sales Package in Different Countries Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
E Different requirements for Class II and Class III Medical Devices Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
C Subsidiaries; same/different Quality Policies? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q Controlling documents in two different Applications ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Touch current in single fault conditions test and earth leakage current in normal conditions test, are they really different tests? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
H IFU in different language other than English EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J Ethicon Suture - Why Ethicon specs are different internationally Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
A Torque Value for Different types of Fasteners (Socket Head, Button Head, CSK) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C PCBA Hardware Component different failure types - How to rate detection? FMEA and Control Plans 8
E Different types of Actions? CARs, OFIs or N/A ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
smryan ISO 9001:2015 8.6 & 8.5.1.h) - Redundant or different? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
V Additional Controls for processing the raw data on different computers (processing system) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 5
MrTetris Informational Risk Register - Same hazardous situation, different severity of harms ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
A PFMEA severity score different applications FMEA and Control Plans 11
xfngrs How similar or different are IATF 16949 Vs. ISO 13485 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
I Requirements for different Labeling Levels 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S CE Marking requirements - A Medical device with different config sold under same name EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B IATF 16949 - Different Registrars for remote and manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
W Transport validation to different climate zones ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
W Design and Process Validation - Different? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Is it ok to provide a different language upon request? EU Medical Device Regulations 25
O New stability - Yes or No - Similar product but for different intended use EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D Design Transfer between two companies with different QMS CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
P Any official doc/spec on different types of Yield calculation? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
R Medical devices certified by different notified bodies EU Medical Device Regulations 6
V Software as control or protection will lead to different Software Safety Class? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 18
M I have 3 different factors - DOE help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Q Is it acceptable to mix components from two different lots into an assembly? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
H Numbering for documents with same content but different language ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T QMS/MDD scope - Two companies located in different places work together Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 10
A Why I get a different kind of regression equation when I do the same data in a differ Using Minitab Software 7
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Indications for Use - Is it possible to have a different indication for use EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Sampling Plan for transparent tubular plastic parts from 32 different cavities Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S Minitab runs at different speeds on identical PCs Using Minitab Software 5
P Is a different 510k is required for each (stand alone) software configurations? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
K Dueling Metrology Labs - Two different labs telling you two different things General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Different Standard Deviations used in Control Charting Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
P Uncertainty and Significantly Different Means - Buffer Solutions Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4