Differentiating between Process and Product Characteristics in Control Plans

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
ok thanks, but the correct painting, with the correct paint are requirements that are mentioned on the drawing, would't be product caracteristics, sorry for turning arround again
No problems. Whether the paint meets the product requirements is indeed a product control. However, a setup checklist that verifies that paint XYZ123 is used in the painting operation for P/N 54321 would be a process control.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
You are over thinking it. Why does it really matter as long as the process settings, processing actions and drawing requirements are controlled.
Only because some of the latest control plan templates used in automotive require you to distinguish between them.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Only because some of the latest control plan templates used in automotive require you to distinguish between them.
I‘ve heard that. I understand that they are trying to ensure appropriate control, but sometimes too much bureaucracy - or even more important the slavish attention to be precisely correct in which blank space you use - that drives diversionary contract lawyer talk that diverts energy from doing the right right things…it’s just an energy drain.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I‘ve heard that. I understand that they are trying to ensure appropriate control, but sometimes too much bureaucracy - or even more important the slavish attention to be precisely correct in which blank space you use - that drives diversionary contract lawyer talk that diverts energy from doing the right right things…it’s just an energy drain.
I was still in automotive when this first came out. Their intent was to drive controls from the product upstream into the process. However, it was poorly understood by STEs that demanded that you have at least one of each for every line item on the control plan.

Top Bottom