Dimensional Issues because of the last years FORD Recall

S

SandyStarkie

I have some customers that because of the last years FORD recall they are increasing daily dimensions. I work in injection molding. Correct me if I am wrong. As long as we are measuring something in X, y & Z axis this should be sufficient. If one dimension on that axis is out it would throw the others out as well. How do I explain this to them? They should already know this. Inspection time on some cases has gone from 15 minutes to 2 hours. That is huge! Any information will be helpful!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

TShepherd

Was their request for additional checks a blanket request to suppliers or did this come from your Ford STA? - either way I would contact your STA for clarification or if that is not an option - ask your purchasing or sales department to contact the buyer and have this issue bumped to the next level as it may be a commercial issue.

Good Luck,

Tom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G What information to put on measurement Dimensional Results APQP and PPAP 7
V Recording CMM dimensional results on CFG-1003 APQP and PPAP 3
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
K Guard-banding and relaxed acceptance for dimensional gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Dimensional Inspection - Symbology cheat sheet Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
G Calibration Laboratory Dimensional Temperature Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
G Procedure Creation specifically for dimensional (caliper, micrometer, dti) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
G Caliper or Micrometer's Dimensional Flatness General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
G Looking for a Metrology Course preferably Dimensional and Electronics Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
B Is Gage R&R required on a 100% Dimensional Layout? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
W Dimensional Measurement of 10% accuracy and 25% uncertainty standard General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G Out of Dimensional Tolerance - MRB Audit Issue Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
T How to report Basic Dimensions on a Dimensional Report (ISIR) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
K Initial Samples with dimensional deviation in Serial Production Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
V Ford Dimensional Tag Characteristics requirements APQP and PPAP 2
M How to calculate Cg and Cgk for a 2-Dimensional Area Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J Slotted Hole Dimensional Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
G MSA (Measurement System Analysis) and Dimensional Tolerances Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Changing dimensional tolerances to approve rejected product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Variable Dimensions / Part of Production / PPAP Dimensional Report Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
W Dimensional Calibration Training Class Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
C Building a Dimensional Metrology Laboratory to Inspect various Physical Measurements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Dimensional Mechanical Inspection only as a Service - ISO17025 or ISO17020 ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Equipment required for a Dimensional Calibration Laboratory Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C Content of PPAP Dimensional Report APQP and PPAP 8
I Machine Capability Analysis in Multi-Dimensional Cases Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
O Dimensional Results Requirements for PPAPs APQP and PPAP 6
R Environmental Controls Procedure for Calibration of Dimensional Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H Dimensional Measurement Uncertainity - Inspection of a component Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
H Dimensional Inspection Procedure - Sample wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
O The Layout of Dimensional Results and What to Provide the Customer APQP and PPAP 16
S Standard Equipment List for Stocking a Dimensional Metrology Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
A Criteria for taking Dimensional Measurements of a Painted Hole in a Part Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
R Reference Standard for the Calibration of Dimensional Measuring Tools General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Self Calibration of Dimensional Measuring Tools General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Design Review/Dimensional Analysis feasibility program or spreadsheet? Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
N Design of Dimensional Measurement Gage for Bolt General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
M How to define Dimensional Tolerances for Plastic Injection Molded Parts Service Industry Specific Topics 11
M Luer Taper Tolerances - 6% or otherwise - Dimensional Accuracy Other Medical Device Related Standards 23
S Dimensional change with PA raw material product Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
D AIAG Level 3 PPAP (100% dimensional measurement or just significant characteristics)? APQP and PPAP 2
I Gage Error vs. Dimensional Tolerance - Accuracy needed for measurement equipment Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 10
kmyers Inspection Dimensional Check Sheets - Over 500 part numbers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
J PMA (Parts Manufacture Approval) Dimensional Inspections Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 7
L Acceptance Activities-Dimensional Inspection was missed. Parts already assembled 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
K Dimensional Inspection of Molded Plastic Parts in Seoul, Korea Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Measurement Uncertainty Budget for Comparative Dimensional Measurements Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 8
I Contract Visual, Basic Dimensional Inspection Services Service Industry Specific Topics 2
K Documentation of Dimensional Results for Different Cavities and/or Molds - PPAP APQP and PPAP 12
D Need Help on choosing dimensional standards / equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2